NPC Elaboration

NellSpeed

Maybe she's the sole support of her younger siblings, willing to risk anything to make enough gold to support them.

Maybe his fellow-guardsmen died in battle, and he's never forgiven himself for surviving.

Maybe she's not as confident as she looks. Maybe he's smarter than he seems.

There are plenty of NPCs in Oblivion, of course, but which ones do you wish had been given more screentime and/or dialogue? Who do you think would have made a good companion? If you were going to do a mod, whose backstory would you want to tell?

There are four that come to mind for me:

Sir Mazoga! Her mini-quest was one of my favorites, and she was just generally fun to run around with.

Deetsan of the Cheydinhal Mages Guild. I always wondered how she'd do as the new head of the Guild. Would she be targeted for Falcar's fall? Would she be able to unify the other mages?

Ilend Vonius. His line about the PC bringing him back from hell seemed to set him up to be a Mazoga-style temporary companion, or at least for a mini-quest.

M'aiq the Liar. I think he would have made an ideal quest assigner.

As a companion, definitively Mordryn Orein. Once you finish the Fighters Guild quests, he could have become a companion ,and even more I would dare say. He is funny and has a little Dark elf attitude of his own ^.^

Ontus is also very interesting, sadly not at all developed.

The other one that comes in mind is Dar-Ma from Chorrol. I've always liked her and would have loved to see more development for this npc.

Ah, so many :)

One couple who need a decent backstory is Elragail and Thamriel. There HAS to be a reason why Elragail refers to Thamriel as "he" at one point...

Maybe we need a "Secret diaries of the NPCs" mod - so us sneaky types can wander around and pick up back stories

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Also the unnamed Legion Soldier (specifically the one of the three who has the bow) who helps you storm Kvatch's castle.

He was fairly epic, actually. He almost survived! It was so very close.

Reminded me of the epic NPC archer in one of the missions in the third chapter of Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn.

Lol, that archer almost survives every time for me. I'll be seconds away from getting to the Count's body before the rest of my people die :(

I think he actually survived once when I tried on level one though, because the guards don't level and they were only fighting stunted scamps and a few normal scamps.

Now that I think of it, Tiera (Is that her name?) from the Battle of Kvatch should have had more story as well. She's always wandering off and she's always in a different place when I finish the battle. Once she went with the refugees... one time she tried to follow us for some reason and died... another time I thought she was safe, but I found her body later near the chapel...

Edited by Rennn

the jail keeper from the Sl expansion as a companion: I like interrogating It's just so simple and fun :devil:

^This. Either that or let me shoot lightening at people whenever I want in Shivering Isles after I become Sheogorath. I'm the freaking Mad God. Why should I have to follow the law?