Grey Prince story question.

Lehcar

I'm a bit confused about the story around the Grey Prince's dad. Was there actually a Lady Lovidicus? The story that he believed to be true was obviously false in the part where his mother (Lord Lovidicus's mistress) supposedly fled the fort because of this woman, but did she ever even exist at all? I'm just wondering because Lord Lovidicus's diary contains no references whatsoever to him having a wife.

To be honest, a lot of that quest doesn't really add up. In his journal he mentions that he has been hiding his secret for half of his life. He also mentions he has been a vampire for 200 years. So he's 400 years old and has suddenly fallen in love. He is desperate for a child and to become a father. If there had been a wife or maybe more than one wife in all that time, you'd think he might have a child already, but he is amazed this is possible, because of his vampirism. So perhaps this child was a miracle. I am guessing there was a wife, but the lord didn't care much about her, Maybe the lord and lady couldn't have children, so the lord lied to Agronak's mother and the servant would have every reason to tell the child that his wife had been cruel to him, to justify her love affair anyway. Maybe the wife was also a vampire. I think it would have been hard to hide that from a wife for very long, and you'd think he would infect her eventually. It would be really nice if there is a book about them in Skyrim.

Yes, he is the son of the orc maid. Agronak was told by his mother, the orc maid, that the lord was married to a really awful wife, Lady Lovidicus. But when you finally get the lord's journal he doesn't mention a wife at all. So the big question is, is there any reason to think there ever even was a Lady Lovidicus or if that's just another lie that maybe the orc mother made up so she didn't have to tell her son why she really left his father.

Yes, he is the son of the orc maid. Agronak was told by his mother, the orc maid, that the lord was married to a really awful wife, Lady Lovidicus. But when you finally get the lord's journal he doesn't mention a wife at all. So the big question is, is there any reason to think there ever even was a Lady Lovidicus or if that's just another lie that maybe the orc mother made up so she didn't have to tell her son why she really left his father.

When we read the journal, all we get are the entries that are relevant to the quest. Perhaps the writers assumed that nobody would wonder about Lady Lovidicus and therefore just didn't include her in the entries we are shown. Absence of proof is not proof of absence.

Considering how long Lord Lovidicus has been locked up, I'd assume that there is a LOT more in the journal than we are shown. Perhaps Lord Lovidicus never cared for his wife so saw no reason to write about her. I pretty much take Agronak's story at face value.

It would have been interesting if there had been an option to help Agronak come to terms with his past and reclaim his inheritance. Then we'd probably learn a lot more about the details.

Man, that Grand Champion quest is probably the most annoying and pointless in the whole game... I just did it once and almost wish to scream when the feared and powerful gray prince stood there begging me to end his miserable life without even reacting... I can't imagine greater anti-climax and you can't get out there without killing the wee bugger...

So, the actual Lovidicus quest is far more interesting than the main arena quest finishing... the developers worked hard to make the player miserable there. I don't know even if killing the Gray Prince is murder, I think it is and so, a mean to force the Dark Brotherhood quest, I never redid it to verify.

Man, that Grand Champion quest is probably the most annoying and pointless in the whole game... I just did it once and almost wish to scream when the feared and powerful gray prince stood there begging me to end his miserable life without even reacting... I can't imagine greater anti-climax and you can't get out there without killing the wee bugger...

So, the actual Lovidicus quest is far more interesting than the main arena quest finishing... the developers worked hard to make the player miserable there. I don't know even if killing the Gray Prince is murder, I think it is and so, a mean to force the Dark Brotherhood quest, I never redid it to verify.

Yeah, it does count as a murder. In the past I replayed it to verify.

Killing Agronak and that suicidal dude in SI are the two most depressing deaths for me. Although the SI one is at least somewhat amusing, killing Agronak seems like such a waste and destroys any satisfaction I may have gotten for being the Arena Champion.

"Why is there such a fuss over this? There are a lot of things that don't add up. Like mancarcameren wearing the amulet of kings, I mean then he must be of dragon blood/ emperors son and martins brother"

Agreed, just than nothing of these made me feel bad as that Gray Prince ending. You see, it is not even about discussing possibilities I was talking. For example the discussion about the Orc maiden and Lovidicus wife (or supposed wife) is at least interesting...