[WIPz] 3ds Max Nif plugin for 2012/11 with 32/64-bit

LHammonds

Well it seems that if I add a Smooth Modifier of 2 it also gives the right vert count for the body of 3471 with the default weld settings on the exporter.

http://216.105.128.240/Cherry/Skyrim/SmoothingGroup.JPG

If I remove that smooth modifier then I get 3522 verts instead (very odd) but it seems to work

• 5 weeks later...

http://216.105.128.240/Cherry/Skyrim/ExportingOptionsMax2011.JPG

Hope this is the right place to ask. I'm using max 2009 and have downloaded the the 3.7.1 niftools and installed but I don't get a Skyrim option in the general options dialogue. I've checked the MaxNifTools.ini and Skyrim is listed. The build number is the same as the image above but the version number is 20.0.0.5 instead of 20.2.0.7. I'm obviously missing something here... anyone able to steer me in the right direction?

Yes as soon as its possible Id like to help out. I have 2012 64 bit installed now, but can get 32 bit if needed.

Side note: Currently for modding I'm using Max 2011 - 64bit and the (.nif) import / export works perfectly. If I remember right the .exe installer ends at 2009, but you can download the the x64 2011 files by itself. The problem is it only contains the .dll, and .dlu files. I ended up having to pull the .cfg file from the 2009 install, and then used the .dll, and .dlu from the 2011 install to get everything to work. I'm not sure if something on the same lines could be done to at lease get the 2012 version (sort of working)...

I have 2012 x64 and am trying to install the NIFtools. I installed the 2009 files using the application and moved the .cfg file from the 2009 folder to the "C:\Program Files\Autodesk\3ds Max 2012\plugcfg" directory. Then installed the 2011 niftools plugin files ("niflib_x64.dll" and "NifPlugins.dlu") and moved them both by themselves to "C:\Program Files\Autodesk\3ds Max 2012\plugins". but I'm still getting an error message when I start MAX 2012. it says that "NifPlugins.dlu" failed to initialize.

Can someone help me fix this please?

I have 2012 x64 and am trying to install the NIFtools. I installed the 2009 files using the application and moved the .cfg file from the 2009 folder to the "C:\Program Files\Autodesk\3ds Max 2012\plugcfg" directory. Then installed the 2011 niftools plugin files ("niflib_x64.dll" and "NifPlugins.dlu") and moved them both by themselves to "C:\Program Files\Autodesk\3ds Max 2012\plugins". but I'm still getting an error message when I start MAX 2012. it says that "NifPlugins.dlu" failed to initialize.

Can someone help me fix this please?

Check to make sure that's the right folder. I got into trouble moving files into that folder when they needed to be in the "3ds Max Design 2012" folder.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 years later...