What is Your dovakiin's Background

I think the title explains it all, what will be your background in the game? Just to give you all a idea, heres my charecter's background

EDIT: I re-made my backstory, heres the new one

Gabriel Lionheart, an imperial male was born in skyrim, but his family heritage comes from Cyrodiil. He is the descendant of; Altair Al-Sayf(Morrowind Charecter) and Cleric Ibn La-Ahad(Oblivion Charecter). (Altair's last name is pronounced Al-Say-ef)

Both of his ancestors were legendary, and when Gabriel was six years of age, he decided he wanted to grow up and be engraved in history just like his ancestors.

At twelve, both his parents died, killed by bandits on the road back home. Gabriel vowed revenge, and to kill the first bandit he met. His father left Gabriel behind two swords, each of them belonged to his ancestors Cleric and Altair. The swords were pure silver, they shined in the sun and as bright as the heavens.

These swords were named: Anduril (Altair's sword, obtained it from Aragorn himself!) and Sancti (Cleric's sword, forged by Cleric himself). The two swords were passed down through Gabriel's bloodline, and were now given to him.

The rest of his childhood/teenage life, he was raised by a close friend of his father, a priest, who was once a warrior now retired. He taught Gabriel all about the world of Tamriel, how to fight with all kinds of weapons, how to use spells, the rules he must follow in Skyrim and all about the gods, the nine divines.

Gabriel never believed the nine divines existed. If they did exist, how could they let his parents die like that?! Why did they have to take them away from him?!

Over the years, the priest was almost like a second father to him. At 18, the priest was dying from disease. On his deathbed, he told Gabriel to leave and explore the world and make his name in history like his ancestors did.

Many years later, Gabriel was 24, a young adult. He was a full time warrior, he spent most of his life protecting pilgrims from bandits on the way to towns, making sure they wouldnt suffer the same fate his parents did. And also, exploring skyrim! Dual-Wielding Anduril and Sancti.

Even though he was a warrior, Gabriel did practice some magic in his free time, mainly to help him with tasks such as casting fire so he can see in the dark and any other bloody thing he needed spells for.

One day, he was sitting in an inn, He saw a pumpkin on a table nearby. Although, he couldnt see what it was. After all, he was very tired from waking up early. So he walked over to the pumpkin and picked it up to try and identify it. All the sudden everyone in the Inn shouted out and pointed "THIEF! THIEF!".

Sadly, poor Gabriel forgot that it was against the law to "lift up" objects.

Someone was calling for the guards. Gabriel didnt want to be in jail for the rest of his life, he wanted to be engraved in history and be a hero!

So, Gabriel ran out of the Inn. He will escape to Cyrodiil, where his family came from. But to get there, he had to cross the borders of skyrim. The worst law to ever break!

"Ah hell, i'm in enougth trouble anyway!" Gabriel thought to himself.

And so, he crossed the borders of Skyrim, but just there, the guards caught him and arrested him and they confiscated his swords Anduril and Sancti.

He was thrown in jail. He was about to get executed.

In the prison, the guard on duty told Gabriel that "lifting up other peoples objects is only a law in Cyrodiil. But, you crossed the borders of Skyrim which is the biggest crime ever!"

So Gabriel wasnt really in trouble afterall.

*Facepalm*

He now awaits his execution, and that is where, his story begins...

Anyways, post away :D. ...And if your wandering what the hell happened to his swords, Anduril and Sancti, they are destroyed by accident (possibly by a dragon) during his execution and when he goes to retrieve them, he finds them broken, and un repairable. :(

Edited by TheMysteriousTraveler

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thoth is a wizard who fled from Cyrodiil across the borders to Skyrim, due to being outed as a necromancer. Upon crossing the border, he is set to be executed. Once he is freed, he sets out on a quest to save the world from Alduin, simultaneously continuing his magical studies in his spare time.

I know they do the whole "leave out the background" thing so that people can come up with their own, but I never do..

Edit: I feel like I weirdly worded what I wrote before.

I always pretend that either:

1. My character is an independent being (maybe a deity, maybe not) that projectsb himself into the hero's life, Quantum Leap style.

2. Skyrim's hero is the reincarnation of Oblivion's reincarnation of Morrowind's reincarnation of Daggerfall's reincarnation of Arena's hero. But the soul that is being reincarnated doesn't "awaken" until that famous prison moment in their life when the game starts. I guess I got this because I began TES with Morrowind, heh.

I guess that by these logics, though, you would either have to believe that Indoril Nerevar was actually a reincarnate himself, or the events of Morrowind were "forced" prophecy instead of real prophecy.

Edited by Subvert5

Once there was a lovely argonain made sent to her lord chambers in skyrim. Her master demanded her to polish his spear. The argonion said " but that will take all night my lord ". Her master simply said "plenty of time my dear plenty of time " unfortunately the argion made hade a short temper. So she polished it alright, polished it with BLOOD. As the argonion maid fled skyrim she was caught crossing the borter and lead to her exacusion, where the guards teased her and called her “ lifts her tail" . As the noose drew near she bowed her head, and lifted her tail. To Be continued...

That was partially from “ the Lusty Argonion Maid " book in oblivion

I know they do the whole "leave out the background" thing so that people can come up with their own, but I never do..

Edit: I feel like I weirdly worded what I wrote before.

I always pretend that either:

1. My character is an independent being (maybe a deity, maybe not) that projectsb himself into the hero's life, Quantum Leap style.

2. Skyrim's hero is the reincarnation of Oblivion's reincarnation of Morrowind's reincarnation of Daggerfall's reincarnation of Arena's hero. But the soul that is being reincarnated doesn't "awaken" until that famous prison moment in their life when the game starts. I guess I got this because I began TES with Morrowind, heh.

I guess that by these logics, though, you would either have to believe that Indoril Nerevar was actually a reincarnate himself, or the events of Morrowind were "forced" prophecy instead of real prophecy.

Unless he reincarnated into Arena's hero first, and so on...

My character just suddenly woke up one day and was in prison, but sadly suffered from a serious case of memory loss. He then had to ask what he was doing in prison to the first important person who talks to him.

Sound familiar?

As for my second character, another random person who just has urges to kill everyone, for vengeance with motives of the unknown.

Edited by billyro

Geoffrey St. Amant evaded taxes. Never paid a cent. That's not to say he's some greedy CEO, nope, he's a small town man who worked hard for his money and didn't like the prospect of some ninny, horse riding, funny soundingm flamboyant, Breton noble taking his kid's college fund. So on top of tax evasion he's wanted for assault on the pompous oaf who wanted his money.