It's better to skill idiot savant than skilling int

Arantheal

Maybe you guys are interested in this: its better to skill the idiot savant perk than skilling in int cause you're getting 1/5 more xp ;)

I've calculated it by using an expected value and a discrete probability ... so we assume that the average xp from a quest is 450 and you get with int at 10 112% xp this is 504 xp ... so for the probability that we get 5 * x with a chance of 11% which are the stats of idiot savant compared to falloutwiki we create a function I call it E and we get E(x_1)=450*P(x1=450)+2250*P(X1=2250)=450*0.89+2250*0.11=648 this is based on 200 runs. Atleast you get 648-504=144xp more frome idiot savant than from int.

Hope you guys are happy now :D

Any perk that makes annoying sounds is automatically devoid of value.

Your point is invalid.

There are mods to remove this :wink:

If xp mattered outside of the first 20 levels I would agree with that. But it is largely irrelevant once you can make your own things.

I agree, btw it makes more fun to be weak and try to survive and not to kill every enemie with one headshot, even on the highest difficult

Well it does control what loot shows up. So if you want to see a wide range of weapons and armors, you either have to level up or use a deleveler mod. Oh and there are perks that require certain levels.

Like in every other bethesda game :D

Edited by Arantheal

As far as XP is concerned, yes, taking Idiot Savant is better than intelligence. And the way it works out, it's not worth putting points in BOTH either. Again, as far as XP is concerned.

The only reason to have higher int is if you need one of the perks that need higher int.

Well it does control what loot shows up. So if you want to see a wide range of weapons and armors, you either have to level up or use a deleveler mod. Oh and there are perks that require certain levels.

To be fair, I never recall it being this bad. In previous games you could at least buy or find certain types of armor if you knew where to look. If you want heavy leather or sturdy combat armor, its a real nightmare to find the right 'look'.

To be fair, I never recall it being this bad. In previous games you could at least buy or find certain types of armor if you knew where to look. If you want heavy leather or sturdy combat armor, its a real nightmare to find the right 'look'.

Which is why I made a mod that makes a crafting station for it! So you can make your own armor.