Brahmin Tipping And Other Small Requests

Dracula420

so i have been playing FO4 since it was released and though i love the game dearly i find myself missing a few things. if other want these things please sound off below.

EDIT: other then the brahmin tipping the other request are looked at by me as potential bugs in the game. just my opinion. i know there are mod that take care of some of this but they add a lot of other stuff too and not everybody wants to or can install a ton of mods to fix a few specific things. once the C.K. is released i may be able to do a few of these myself. :) but this post is here just to put the ideas out in the open.

1. BRAHMIN TIPPING! i miss this from fallout 3. i know its stupid but the immature gamer in me (and the rest of us) loved spitefully shoving brahmin off somewhere high.

2. SETTLEMENT ITEM OWNERSHIP! i would like to be able to use the settlement workbench to mark something like beds and containers as "Mine" and therefor "OFF LIMITS". A.K.A. "DAMN IT JUN STOP STEALING MY FAT MAN!"

3."REAL" BLACKSMITHING. the reality of blacksmithing is that smiths spend more time making nails and gears and such. why cant i as the player take my steel and shape it into things like gears and springs and stuff? this may require a new workbench but hand smithing has change very little over the last few centuries. just watch the man at arms videos on you tube (the deadric axe video is epic)

4. WILD PLANTS MORE USEFUL! i personally think if you find wild corn or mutfruit you should be able to use it in your settlements to plant regular versions. i am not the most agriculturally knowledgeable but i assume thats what people do when they settle? find something that is edible and grows in that enviroment then nurture it to its fullest potential?

5.EVEN CAVEMEN HAD FIRE! Why does building a simple cooking fire take 2 perks to build? humankind has been building fires and slapping meat on them for thousands of years. nope, sorry bethesda. the basic cooking fire should have absolutly no requirements other then some wood and metal.

well thats all i got for now. thanks to anybody who agrees, and to any modders who may take up one of these as a goal. have fun! :smile:

Edited by Dracula420

5 already has homemaker which gives candles and two campfires (wasteland workshop added campfire too)

3 has a mod... hold on... http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/2451/? is close but I don't think it allow you to craft components. (rightly so I feel. gears and screws aren't as easy to make as you might think, since that's "machining" not "Blacksmithing" (Opinion you didn't ask for.)) come CK I could probably make this happen. PM me when it's out to remind me?

4 wouldn't be too hard to make. I don't think. I could try come CK. PM me when the CK is out to remind me and I might try my hand at it?

the other points I got nothing to say about.

@Ekayne: TY for the response. but i consider 2-5 to be more bugs to be fixed rather then features to be modded in. my requests are meant for survival mode with a minimum of game changing mods. survival modes balance is a precarious thing. i probably should have mentioned that lol.

also i love the crafting workbenches mod but getting it to work in survival is kind annoying since survival is still a beta and not everything is updated for it.

Edited by Dracula420

Although, a machining bench would be a nice settler job. Converts a percentage(Configurable per settlement?) of steel to screws and gears up to a (again, configurable?) limit before switching to a different task. I don't think balance would see a need to remove them from the scrap bench list, but maybe?

It's funny though, the workshop has a lathe which, I mean, it might be a wood lathe, but I thought those could at least make screws...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omLKbKakDoY

It's funny, I mean, I knew on a certain level that it was the case, but I had no idea that a spring's tensile capacity is entirely determined by the metal used pre-formation, and not by the method of spring production at all.

so i have been playing FO4 since it was released and though i love the game dearly i find myself missing a few things. if other want these things please sound off below.

1. BRAHMIN TIPPING! i miss this from fallout 3. i know its stupid but the immature gamer in me (and the rest of us) loved spitefully shoving brahmin off somewhere high.

2. SETTLEMENT ITEM OWNERSHIP! i would like to be able to use the settlement workbench to mark something like beds and containers as "Mine" and therefor "OFF LIMITS". A.K.A. "DAMN IT JUN STOP STEALING MY FAT MAN!"

3."REAL" BLACKSMITHING. the reality of blacksmithing is that smiths spend more time making nails and gears and such. why cant i as the player take my steel and shape it into things like gears and springs and stuff? this may require a new workbench but hand smithing has change very little over the last few centuries. just watch the man at arms videos on you tube (the deadric axe video is epic)

4. WILD PLANTS MORE USEFUL! i personally think if you find wild corn or mutfruit you should be able to use it in your settlements to plant regular versions. i am not the most agriculturally knowledgeable but i assume thats what people do when they settle? find something that is edible and grows in that enviroment then nurture it to its fullest potential?

5.EVEN CAVEMEN HAD FIRE! Why does building a simple cooking fire take 2 perks to build? humankind has been building fires and slapping meat on them for thousands of years. nope, sorry bethesda. the basic cooking fire should have absolutly no requirements other then some wood and metal.

well thats all i got for now. thanks to anybody who agrees, and to any modders who may take up one of these as a goal. have fun! :smile:

3: I'll do that. I'll add it to my armor and weapon station crafting mod. Good suggestion!

@jcdenton2012: i cant get that video to load lol. but in FO3 if you crouched near a brahmin you could activate it to tip it over. somebody at bethesda even took the time to make an animation for it(probably snickering to themselves the whole time b/c they where suppose to be working). watching a bramin ragdoll thru megaton was good times. :) ah megaton. you endured much at the hands of my lone wanderer. XD