ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

New Beta

ToyTrains1

bald people and no geck gr8 im definitely not lining up for this one.

so should i pencil in 2017 as the geck release date?

had a decent game and went the wrong way.

good stuff and still yanking our chains about when there gonna release the geck

went from the 1st of march to the 1st of april now almost the end of april and still no geck

i cant see blowing money on a slew of busted promises

i can only get so much sunshine before i start putting down roots looking like i need to rent a back hoe at this point.

i liked the game as released

now you cant mod the beta and have to hold your mouth just right

to slip a mod in i dont see this as an improvement this is a 180 from what Bethesda has been telling us

so basically what there saying buy our games then buzz off

and try to register at the Bethesda website successful registration twice next day cant log in cant find paswword

i copied the dam thing to note pad and still wrong password one way of making sure there's no negative feed back

btw have cookies enabled to that's not it

mods have not been supported for FO4 until the CK is available. They made that clear.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your problem is from the mods you used on those saves, not with Bethesda's content. Start a new game it will work fine.

I guess I'll just have to wait before I update any further then. Not gonna throw away 300 hours on two characters just yet. When I finish both, I'll consider updating then.

Thanks for the info.

The beta is quite literally the same version that the game will become once it goes live. Once they update the public release you're not going to be able to use these old saves either so you may as well start over, figure out how to get your mods to work or hope that the mods you use are updated.

My advice would be, until the CK, Far Harbor and Survival is public, don't use scripted mods like interface and settlement building mods.

My advice would be, until the CK, Far Harbor and Survival is public, don't use scripted mods like interface and settlement building mods.

Uh, interface mods and settlement building mods generally don't require scripts (or may indirectly use vanilla scripts). ANY mod could potentially cause CTD if one of the game updates modifies a form or asset that a mod is using, if the mod hasn't been updated to be compatible with the new form/asset. that could be interfaces/string files/npcs/followers/dialogue/workshop categories/items/scripts/effects/anything really. There's no way to predict what records Beth will modify in their updates.

Uh, interface mods and settlement building mods generally don't require scripts (or may indirectly use vanilla scripts). ANY mod could potentially cause CTD if one of the game updates modifies a form or asset that a mod is using, if the mod hasn't been updated to be compatible with the new form/asset. that could be interfaces/string files/npcs/followers/dialogue/workshop categories/items/scripts/effects/anything really. There's no way to predict what records Beth will modify in their updates.

Well for example just in Def_UI there are about 50+ xml scripts included. Most any UI mods that I have seen do in fact use scripts in some form.

And no, not just anything will cause crashes as you're pretty safe using replacer mods for items and textures. We have also seen that Bethesda hasn't been making very many changes to the player character, or existing NPCs and their forms so mods which change NPCs or alter the character like hair mods are unlikely to cause problems.

I'm just advising people they need to be careful about mods which alter things Bethesda has been changing a lot lately, like UI, interior cells, the workshop menu etc.

So, NMM was "fixed" to work with mods in survival, by adding the "*" into plugins file. I just shut down FO4, then a new patch arrived. I installed, and now all mods disabled again. With star or without.

EDIT: scratch that... what mcguffin said^^ put file into fallout 4 folder (from appdata\local\fallout4).

Thanks.

Edited by djangoku

The beta is quite literally the same version that the game will become once it goes live. Once they update the public release you're not going to be able to use these old saves either so you may as well start over, figure out how to get your mods to work or hope that the mods you use are updated.

Yeah, I understand it is the same version as the Beta, and I am aware I'll have to start over before I update my game. I am, however, not going to throw away over 300 hours on two characters over this though, which is why I previously stated that I simply will have to wait before I update again.

I also had a feeling when I first installed the few mods I'm currently running, that I would have to scrap every one of them once the Creation Kit is released. It'd likely be safer for me all the way around if I did. Besides, I'm not so attached to any of them that I just can't do without them. Even the UI mods I'm running I'm not fully attached to. Eventually, there will be a proper UI mod...either by the SkyUI team...or something similar, or by (as unlikely as it may be) DarN. But by then, I'll have a better idea of what mods are best for me and my aging system.