SSL Testing on Nexus Mods

Dark0ne

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Using Chrome Version 50.0.2661.94 m with ads enabled the site keeps locking up (within seconds of loading) and forcing chrome to give me the kill site message. With adblockplus on that stops. Would prefer not to block adds but atm no choice.

Only tried the fallout 4 pages so far.

maybe related to extensions but disabled the newest one and that didn't fix anything, all the others were installed last time i checked the site.

Plus HTTPS not working either

Lately for whatever reason in my Firefox 46.01 when a page of this site is opened, the browser starts to use memory like crazy, when RAM usage reaches ~1,5 GB the browser crashes. It doesn't happen too often, though. When I see that it starts taking up much RAM, if I am quick enough I close the open tab(s) of this page, and RAM usage returns to normal. When I load the same page again, RAM usage remains normal, so it's not consequent.

Now at the latest browser crash I got a Windows prompt, stating something like:

"a program has crashed: program did not identify itself "

Weird...

Edit: Nevermind, the same phenomenon happens more frequently, with other websites too (only 1-3 tabs open), so the problem is in the browser, not the website

Edited by HunZolka

I use Google Chrome. When this notice was first posted, I could see the lock on most pages I accessed. Now it's not on any that I access. Not sure what the problem is, since I've changed nothing.

Edit: Still no change, not seeing the green lock anywhere I've gone in the Nexus.

Edited by kestrelhawk

If you can't load the website then how did you post that message? The forums are part of the website. :huh:

Actually, the forum works (for me, at least).

Instead, the part from which the mods are downloaded works some minutes then stops.

For me, it begun after april 25th: the block came after surfing the site and downloading for a long time. Then the time kept become shorter and shorter, and in the same time the https disappeared. Today it happened after about 15-20 minutes, and ten downloads.

But HunZolka gave me a hint: I have a lot of tabs opened.

By the way, currently, on linux kunbuntu, my firefox occupy about 600 Mb (not sure if the information means something).

I apologize for my poor English.