SSL Testing on Nexus Mods

Dark0ne

FF works a little different on Linux than on Windows (currently on Linux Mint 17.2 and using the Pale Moon 64bit fork of FF) The differences are usually not noticeable until something just doesn't work quite the way you expected. My experience has been that FF has a memory leak that shows up more on certain kinds of sites but not others. I tend to close my browser from time to time to clear the leak.

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i dont know if anybody can help me but ive been trying out a few mods and i want to get modded players but there nulled i wonder if anyone can help me? skype:chasta30 or reply on here :o

Portions of the site are still forcing HTTP access. Are y'all having issues with the SSL implementation? Depending on the webserver software you're being served from, I might be able to offer some pointers if necessary.

Interesting SSL/Certificate identification discrepancy between different pages within the Forums:

1678793-1463164028.png

Not sure why this is the case, but thought I'd bring it to the attention of the proper authorities. :cool:

In response to post #37704335.

Thandal wrote:

Interesting SSL/Certificate identification discrepancy between different pages within the Forums:

1678793-1463164028.png

Not sure why this is the case, but thought I'd bring it to the attention of the proper authorities. :cool:

Happens when people are linking or using external images from other providers that are not SSL secured.

We either force people to use SSL encrypted image providers, or we don't and we get this.

In response to post #37696545.

j31c3n wrote: Portions of the site are still forcing HTTP access. Are y'all having issues with the SSL implementation? Depending on the webserver software you're being served from, I might be able to offer some pointers if necessary.

NexusMods.com at the moment is back to using HTTP.

In response to post #37704335.

Thandal wrote:

1678793-1463164028.png

Happens when people are linking or using external images from other providers that are not SSL secured.

We either force people to use SSL encrypted image providers, or we don't and we get this.

Wait, so if ANY of the content on the page is via such a "non-SSL" provider, the page itself gets the "unverified" label?

And if the Nexus were configured to prevent this, an image from a non-SSL source would be the "broken link" graphic?

Bummer... :sad:

I am browsing the site without problems (save for trying to upload mods - the file upload form is an absolute b*tch), but I have yet to encounter any of these HTTPS pages - are you sure that they are there (or meant to be)? - The browser I am using is Fur Pox (sorry, Firefox) - v46.0.1 (according to the About Firefox box). SSL Shopper seems to think all is OK, though: https://www.sslshopper.com/ssl-checker.html#hostname=http://www.nexusmods.com Edited by Treehuggery

Is there any reason I have no padlock here at www.nexusmods.com? "This website does not supply identity information." Forum is showing green padlock. Edited by bluewhale