Fallout 4 Creation Kit Beta and an Important Notice to Survival Testers

SirSalami

• Replies 546
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #37146835. #37149335, #37149555, #37150540, #37163415 are all replies on the same post.

RustyXXL wrote: According to hlp in the fo4edit comments section ( https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/2737/? ) the way nmm handels the plugin.txt in 1.5.157 is still wrong. He did test, and according to his results, the game loads the dlcs after all other esms, if the 3 master files aren't listed in the plugins.txt.
Just thought, I'd leave that bit of information here.
DevynDaBeast wrote: This is happening to me right now. When I look at NMM it is saying that all my plugins are active including my dlcs but LOOT is saying otherwise. It says that the dlcs are not active and I have not the slightest idea on how to fix this issue.
RustyXXL wrote: make your loadorder and when done, close nmm. now open %appdata%\..\Local\Fallout4\plugins.txt (assuming you are on win7/8/10) and replace

# This file is used by Fallout4 to keep track of your downloaded content.
# Please do not modify this file.

with

*Fallout4.esm
*DLCRobot.esm
*DLCworkshop01.esm

(assuming you have both dlcs. Close and don't start nmm again. Start anything else without nmm. If you start nmm again you will have to do these changes again, as nmm will remove those changes
Note: make sure loot can handle the plugin.txt correctly, I really have no idea if it does. I don't use loot for fo4 atm.
Deborah40 wrote: Since the update the DLC's are not managed the same way as mods anymore. They cannot be disabled through the mod manager, at least through the method used previously. It's likely the game looks at them differently as well. Ignore the warnings in loot, it's a failure on loot to recognize they're actually active. Loot will still work for the sorting, however.
RustyXXL wrote: Actually they are, according to the source I provided above.
It's basically saying, if you look at the savegames, when the 3 bethesda masters aren't listed in the plugins.txt, the game loads the files in the following order:

Fallout4.esm
<all other esms according to your loadorder>
<the 2 DLC esms>
<your esps, according to your loadorder>

Which is the wrong order and can be the cause for ctds, or mods not working properly in other ways, as the official dlcs might overwrite their changes.
When you put the 3 lines about the official esms in the loadorder in the savegame becomes

<all esms according to your loadorder>
<all esps according to your loadorder>

So what you are saying is DO NOT start the game through NMM after enabling plug-ins?

In response to post #37146835. #37149335, #37149555, #37150540, #37163415, #37165000 are all replies on the same post.

RustyXXL wrote: According to hlp in the fo4edit comments section ( https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/2737/? ) the way nmm handels the plugin.txt in 1.5.157 is still wrong. He did test, and according to his results, the game loads the dlcs after all other esms, if the 3 master files aren't listed in the plugins.txt.
DevynDaBeast wrote: This is happening to me right now. When I look at NMM it is saying that all my plugins are active including my dlcs but LOOT is saying otherwise. It says that the dlcs are not active and I have not the slightest idea on how to fix this issue.
RustyXXL wrote: make your loadorder and when done, close nmm. now open %appdata%\..\Local\Fallout4\plugins.txt (assuming you are on win7/8/10) and replace

with

*Fallout4.esm
*DLCRobot.esm
*DLCworkshop01.esm

(assuming you have both dlcs. Close and don't start nmm again. Start anything else without nmm. If you start nmm again you will have to do these changes again, as nmm will remove those changes
Note: make sure loot can handle the plugin.txt correctly, I really have no idea if it does. I don't use loot for fo4 atm.
Deborah40 wrote: Since the update the DLC's are not managed the same way as mods anymore. They cannot be disabled through the mod manager, at least through the method used previously. It's likely the game looks at them differently as well. Ignore the warnings in loot, it's a failure on loot to recognize they're actually active. Loot will still work for the sorting, however.
It's basically saying, if you look at the savegames, when the 3 bethesda masters aren't listed in the plugins.txt, the game loads the files in the following order:

Fallout4.esm
<the 2 DLC esms>

Which is the wrong order and can be the cause for ctds, or mods not working properly in other ways, as the official dlcs might overwrite their changes.
When you put the 3 lines about the official esms in the loadorder in the savegame becomes

tat2atco wrote: So what you are saying is DO NOT start the game through NMM after enabling plug-ins?

Yes, and additionally modify the plugins.txt as pointed out above after editing your loadorder with nmm.

In response to post #37146835. #37149335, #37149555, #37150540, #37163415, #37165000, #37165830 are all replies on the same post.

with

*Fallout4.esm
*DLCRobot.esm
*DLCworkshop01.esm

Fallout4.esm
<the 2 DLC esms>

tat2atco wrote: So what you are saying is DO NOT start the game through NMM after enabling plug-ins?
RustyXXL wrote: Yes, and additionally modify the plugins.txt as pointed out above after editing your loadorder with nmm.

OK. Activating mods is working vor me now but in mods like homemaker a lod of objects dont show. theire invisible... It seems like that happens with all mods that add new textures/Objects.

Congratulations Beth, you guys officially flipped the table. I wonder who thought it was a good idea to kick this anthill haha. In any case, its not that difficult to get your game back up and running, just dont use a manager for a little bit and run the game through F4SE. On a side note, only PC users will remember any of this. Console players will be blissfully unaware that PC players will be the guinea pigs for their benefit.

Calm down guys this wont last forever.

-Natterforme

Edited by Natterforme

In response to post #37146835. #37149335, #37149555, #37150540, #37163415, #37165000, #37165830, #37166020 are all replies on the same post.

with

*Fallout4.esm
*DLCRobot.esm
*DLCworkshop01.esm

Fallout4.esm
<the 2 DLC esms>

RustyXXL wrote: Yes, and additionally modify the plugins.txt as pointed out above after editing your loadorder with nmm.
DarkHorizon1905 wrote: OK. Activating mods is working vor me now but in mods like homemaker a lod of objects dont show. theire invisible... It seems like that happens with all mods that add new textures/Objects.

Make sure you did the edits to your ini that enable loose file loading

In response to post #37146835. #37149335, #37149555, #37150540, #37163415, #37165000, #37165830, #37166020, #37166905 are all replies on the same post.

with

*Fallout4.esm
*DLCRobot.esm
*DLCworkshop01.esm

Fallout4.esm
<the 2 DLC esms>

DarkHorizon1905 wrote: OK. Activating mods is working vor me now but in mods like homemaker a lod of objects dont show. theire invisible... It seems like that happens with all mods that add new textures/Objects.
RustyXXL wrote: Make sure you did the edits to your ini that enable loose file loading

Loos File Loading?