creation kit questions

atm1089

now that the creation kit is here, is it possible for modders to import all the models, guns and animations and other mods from the preivious fallout games into fallout 4?

No. The creation kit is far different then a program that can alter the nif files that models use. You need a program like Nifskope to do that.

No. The answer is always going to be no.

Doesn't matter if someone releases a one-click program that does nothing but perfectly convert things from Fallout 3 to Fallout 4, we don't have permission to do it.

And even if we did, it would look all wrong and out of place.

now that the creation kit is here, is it possible for modders to import all the models, guns and animations and other mods from the preivious fallout games into fallout 4?

Vanilla ones would need to be completely original works based off of the old game assets.

For original mods that were made for the previous game, the CK probably will not make a huge difference as far models and guns go, but I'm unsure about animations. I think it will help in that regard, but someone who is knowledgeable about animations would need to answer that one.

I would like to know if it's possible to add more than four dialogue options. Also, are we gonna be able to check for anything else than charisma( for instance check the level certain perks)?

As far as I can tell so far, no on the first one and yes on the second.

It doesn't seem that hard to set up conditions, but it seems hard coded to have four options, but that is something we knew long before the Creation Kit was released.

I would like to know if it's possible to add more than four dialogue options. Also, are we gonna be able to check for anything else than charisma( for instance check the level certain perks)?

It doesn't seem that hard to set up conditions, but it seems hard coded to have four options, but that is something we knew long before the Creation Kit was released.

Thanks for your reply. At least the most impotrant point(checking for perks) is possible, which should definitely help the modding community to come up with some better quests. Though, it's pretty sad that they limited the dialogue options to four but I guess we can live with that and just create bigger dialogue trees. Edited by Guest

Thanks for your reply. At least the most impotrant point(checking for perkings) is possible, which should definitely help the modding community to come up with some better quests. Though, it's pretty sad that they limited the dialogue options to four but I guess we can live with that and just create bigger dialogue trees.

I personally am glad you can't do more than four options. In my opinion it is sloppy writing to use more the 3 to 4. But that's just me.

I'll put some information up once I play around with this a bit. Probably won't be till tomorrow at least though, I have to work today. I want to play around with the real time mechanic to the dialogue, which is something we didn't have in previous Fallout games. I want to do things like using your Intelligence points and having the ability to interrupt people in real time and correct them. I also want to make silence a viable conversation option in certain situations.