Bug where player remains in combat?

Nebulancer

We've probably all had this happen to us.... where your character remains in combat mode after leaving a dungeon or going to a new level of it, despite invisibility, clearing out the area, reloads, etc. Anyone have an easy fix? Console command maybe?

I had this happen in a huge multi-level dungeon and then couldn't repair my equipment all the way through, which made the giant boss fight at the end very difficult indeed. Also, because it was so big I didn't want to look everywhere for one missed enemy or run the thing again from a prior save. It turned out a giant orc was over-encumbered from lack of fatigue after being mortally wounded and finally came through the door of my quarters in Castle Wolfspike after I traveled their on foot (ok, on wings) because of fast travel and teleportation being disabled.

Edited by Nebulancer

I've had this happen while fleeing enemies at Sideways Cave. Something that has worked for me sometimes is to save the game and then reload. It can break their attention.

Rabbit

Happened once where a bugged collision allowed a creature being trapped inside a rock. This kind of issue is more annoying with companions which can become completely frenzy trying to reach the enemy.