Randomly disappearing mesh

Hi Nifs experts,

I created a nif by scattering an mesh (without collision) along another one. When tested in game and in the CS, the scattered object disappear following distance and angle... If you move your point of view, it reappears... Seems random to me and I have no clue why.

Object is fine in Nifskope.

Here, in optional file section, the one named "MeshIssue". http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=34635

I'd appreciate any advice thanks a lot!!!

Try going into the triShapeData/triStripsData in NifSkope, and right click on Radius and do mesh>update center/bounds.

Trying now!

Thanks!!!

Try going into the triShapeData/triStripsData in NifSkope, and right click on Radius and do mesh>update center/bounds.

Trying now!

Thanks!!!

Ok, it seems to have partially fixed the issue in the sense that it's more stable but still, something's wrong...

Thanks a lot already though.

Here is a fun one.

Click on the affected meshes NiBinaryExtraData tangent space node. Notice the length of all the vectors in the viewport.

Now Rclick on the parent ninode of the affected mesh object. Transform>apply. then do the same on the NitriStrip node as well.

Now notice the length of those vectors.

Perhaps try it now.... :unsure:

Hi Ghogiel, it did indeed updated my normals so they look a lot bigger but the problem is still here... Just to be on the safe side, I will try to mess with textures and alpha property...

Both me TK have kind hinted that it could be a transform issue. I think that would be best thing to try from here. IE go reexport it from what ever but reset xforms and sort the pivot out. The thing to note from what vince said in that thread is the bits in blender. But mostly disregard face normals, though that has it's uses but especially face smoothing in nifskope, which I don't know why anyone would use it when that is all done and exported from the 3d app. If you know what you are doing you will never need it, if you don't know what you are doing that is kinda bad advice with out actually explaining what those functions are doing.

Face smoothing at 60degree will break any of smoothing groups that you set up. ie bye bye to some hard edges if they are under 60degree, Causing your baked normal maps to be invalidated. If it is hard surface you probably spent a little whiles trying to figure out your UV seams and hard edges to get it to actually shade correctly. You'd only have to reexport to fix any errors this causes.

Edited by Ghogiel

Mmm actually I used 3ds max and the scatter function with some chaos...

Oldwolf58 fixed it for me by importing/exporting it with blender...

I guess it's probably due to the complex scatter function from max and whatever it did to the mesh.

If anyone wants to investigate to know, I'll be glad to help but as for my project problem is solved so I don't need any help anymore.

Thanks everyone, it's good to know they're help and expertise here!!!

Cheers.