Why are mods getting so few Endorsements?

TheGrimblade

I always endorse any mod i like (and if i don't like it i uninstall it and roll back to an earlier save), but currently i'm just not playing/downloading mods at all, as i'm waiting to see if Bethesda will come to it's senses with the whole 'mods disable achievements' hogwash or not.

If they don't i might have to start a riot (or start brushing up on my CK skills).

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I only endorse mods i like and use. And since you can't really get rid of a mod (aside from textures) once it is in your save game i only use mods i'm absolutely sure i really really want to have and from mod authors who at least seem to be willing to support their mods over the next DLCs and patches - like e.g. the unofficial patch team or gopher (or other authors - these are only examples, please don't feel upset) who have built a lot of trust over the years.

That changes of course when the last official game patch has been released and support is not so much of an issue any more.

I personally feel that Bethesda delayed the Creation Kit for too long. And they're paying for that with way lower users then they otherwise would have. They missed their golden window.

And it doesn't even matter because they already beat all expectations in sales with this game, and are continuing to rake in the cash with the DLC's. At this point if everyone on Earth stopped playing and nobody buys the game ever again, they've made their money.

Personally I haven't played in almost a month. I bought Witcher 3 and it has consumed my gaming time and likely will for months to come. I'll jump back in when Far Harbor comes out and once the survival mode is out of beta, and maybe some mods come that tweak some things that I don't like about survival. Beyond that, I'm pretty much done with grinding out hour after hour on this game. The replay factor just isn't there for me with this game. I tried...I have over 400 hours into this game, but I'm just so burned out.

10% of UDLs endorsing is a very generous estimate. You are lucky to get usually 5%. On top of that most people get a few mods and dont bother to either look at others or look for replacements that do the same thing better.

I endorse every mod I download, and I keep track of each one on a daily basis(currently running 103 plugins and 113 installed), however I'll pull an endorsement or vote if said mod author gets an ego/attitude towards their install base. I'm sure when I start releasing some mods I'll get fed up with some people as well, but honestly to me that's like a celebrity complaining about having to sign an autograph, then there are the user suck ups trying to get their pat on the head from the mod author.

All in all I think most of the reason endorsements are low vs downloads is because most people just click download and only come back when NMM/MO tells them something can be updated, at least that's what I used to do when I started modding with skyrim.

Edited by Juromaro

A general rule of thumb from what I've seen is that any given mod will have, at most, endorsements from roughly 10% of the people actually using it.

For example, SkyUI for Skyrim has 447,940 endorsements and 3,560,56 unique downloads. That's 12.58%.

I dunno how hard that rule really is - I have a FO4 mod right now that has 18% endorsement-to-UDL ratio. Of course, if I had those kinds of UDL numbers it might go down.

Edited by Reneer

My easy answer, people are lazy, like really lazy.

Much like bigcrazewolf said, I endorse every mod I use and that works, there are about a handful of mods I have not endorsed but tried, all on account that I felt they didn't work as advertised. Endorsement isn't too much for an author to receive so long as the mod works. Though lack of endorsements towards total downloads is rather sad, I think the more annoying fact are some that would complain about a mod on the mods own page, and -not even use- the mod in question. That particular thing just baffles my mind. Those that would not use it, nor even try it, BUT have the audacity to complain about something?

Agree on every point.

Edited by crawe1x