Cut BOS Ending

Lehcar

My ideal Brotherhood-Railroad-Minute Men alliance ending is something like this: You (with VERY high speech check) convince Elder Maxson that with the Institute destroyed and thus no way to create more Synths, the Synths are no threat to the Commonwealth. You also convince him that Ghouls are a valuable source of pre war knowledge. This is of course, unlikely, but, one can hope.

I always wonder why people would think that every pre-war Ghoul would be a valuable source of pre-war knowledge. Sure they may be able to shed some light on pre-war American culture and history but what are the chances of coming across a pre-war ghoul who was some scientist who specialized in Physics? The frequency of finding a pre-war Ghoul is uncommon but finding a Ghoul who was an expert in a field that the Brotherhood was lacking in would be quite rare. Also, would even pre-war Ghouls even remember the minute details since it has been 200 years?

But no, it had to be consumed in a "shock and awe" plotline that Bethesda never completely finished or polished. I don't even mean the cut content - I mean the jarring moments where Danse shoots down Brotherhood patrols shouting, "FOR THE BROTHERHOOD!". I mean, come on Bethesda. I agree the cut content was a bit too far of a leap, but can we at least fix up Danse's lines post-quest? Am I salty? Very. I'm like the Dead Sea of salty over this. I built up my character to be For The Brotherhood, but now I've got no squad.

I was taking my sweet time going through and enjoying the plot, and then this f***over happened. I ended up blitzing the rest of the brotherhood questline, then turning traitor and depopulating the Prydwen in a power-armor super-sledge rampage.

I always wonder why people would think that every pre-war Ghoul would be a valuable source of pre-war knowledge. Sure they may be able to shed some light on pre-war American culture and history but what are the chances of coming across a pre-war ghoul who was some scientist who specialized in Physics? The frequency of finding a pre-war Ghoul is uncommon but finding a Ghoul who was an expert in a field that the Brotherhood was lacking in would be quite rare. Also, would even pre-war Ghouls even remember the minute details since it has been 200 years?

I never assumed they'd know science. I just assumed that any knowledge - military history, culture, even how to fix a car - would be useful. Even if it's just a case of, "let's see where the world was going more clearly before we nuked it to hell". It is commented a few times that historical documents are treasured by the Brotherhood. The 'Treasure' of Jamaica Plains is viewed by the Brotherhood to be just that - a priceless treasure.

Maybe even stuff like identifying 'relics' found by the Brotherhood. "What does this do?" "Oh, this was for X." They're basically historical artefacts.

Edited by Athanasa

Unfortunately those stages from blind betrayal don't exist in the game files anymore. The only thing that remains are those dialog files. It would take an extremely talented script writer to come up with a way to implement this again. That ending probably only existed during the preliminary stages