Can't get Console in Windows 7 - NO MODS

diongold

I've been searching the internet and reading the post about console issues but i can't find any that apply to Windows 7. I have the ballowconsole=1 option set in the oblivion.ini. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have no mods loaded.

The console is supposed to work with Windows 7 although it generally does not work with Windows Vista. You might study the forum topics more closely to learn about issues people have had with things like headphone jacks and optical mice. As a quick and dirty fix, you could download this mod originally made for Windows Vista users: Ring of Console

Some laptop keyboards don't have a tilde (~) key (the key right above the Tab key on standard keyboards). There are also issues arising from infrared devices (see the General Information section of this UESP Wiki page for complete info). Change Console Key and Oblivion Console Spell are two mods that help get the console working (both require Oblivion Script Extender (OBSE) to work).

Yes i should have said it is on a laptop. I have gone through but can't find a search option on this site. I figure i'm blind but I did look. I'll try the mods if i can't find a work around for the IR, that i forgot is on this laptop. It has a remote control for when watching movies. Thank y'all.

If the tilde key is not directly above the Tab key in your keyboard (left to the 1 key), is still that key you should try. The game maps the keys by position and not it's ascii value.

If that does not work the problem may be those conflicting hardware, already and correctly pointed by Striker879.

Edited by nosisab