Would anyone want to hear a voice replacement mod for the male protag?

Tephlon

Now. I'm not saying I'm any kind of amazing Voice Actor. But I kinda wanted to do a full voice-over-replacement mod for Fallout 4's main protagonist since before Fallout 4 actually came out.

I wanna know if anyone would want to hear it.

Here's a test audio.

Yes, I'm aware that it needs a lot more cleaning up. I recorded it in just a few minutes, to get my voice down as an example. Nothing more.

Would anyone want to hear me replace all the dialogue?

Or would I be better off as a fully voiced companion type deal?

And would anyone like to help me with this? Making sure the lip synch works properly, and everything.

Well, if you want to do it, do it. it's as simple as that.

I'm sure there will always be someone who would prefer yours over the vanilla voice and vice versa. Additionally I could imagine that some modders would approach you, to do additional lines for the voiced protagonist in their mod, as it's probably rather difficult to get the original vanilla voice to do some quest voice overs...you could potentially have enough to do for the rest of FO4s modding life ^^

Well, if you want to do it, do it. it's as simple as that.

I'm sure there will always be someone who would prefer yours over the vanilla voice and vice versa. Additionally I could imagine that some modders would approach you, to do additional lines for the voiced protagonist in their mod, as it's probably rather difficult to get the original vanilla voice to do some quest voice overs...you could potentially have enough to do for the rest of FO4s modding life ^^

Good point.

I just wanna be sure there'd be a demand, you know?

Plus, there are a LOT of lines. I'd have to be sure there was some chance someone out there would appreciate it enough to throw some donations my way.

I'm in a pretty crappy financial situation. So spending that much time on a project, I'd have to make sure it wasn't a waste of my time, anymore.

There's a lot of lines x___X

I'll probably do it even if it's a waste of my time.

Even if there's no chance anyone'd pay for it.

But. You know. I gotta think about those things.

I would only care, if you actually bring life and character to the role. Instead of the nice/rude/sarcastic hero options have. There's been a talk about doing "alternative start"/evil mods, so you could check with them.

God yes. I find myself forced to play a female character because of how uninteresting and lifeless the male protagonist sounds.

God yes. I find myself forced to play a female character because of how uninteresting and lifeless the male protagonist sounds.

I think i'd be listening to the lines already made for reference. So, I'd be doing things somewhat the same.

The big issue, is not having the scene in which the lines are relevant right in front of me. That was probably his issue, too.

It's hard to come up with an emotion for a scene you can't see.

It took months for the voice actors to record that dialog, and that's not including the editing. If you're up for it, maybe. You'd get far more interest if you recorded, and wrote an alternate start instead.

Right. But I'd have to do the editing, too.

The alternate start recording could work. Can you point me at anyone who's doing one of those mods?

I would only care, if you actually bring life and character to the role. Instead of the nice/rude/sarcastic hero options have. There's been a talk about doing "alternative start"/evil mods, so you could check with them.

I feel like most of what they did for the characters in Fallout 4 was fine. Considering our character has a fleshy, cozy, pre-war background, they would be a slight goody-two-shoes.

But, I can bring personality, at least.

I thought that sounded really good OP!

Thank, but that was with minimal editing. Nothing significant.

Still background clicks, and a little noise.

Edited by Tephlon