Playable Characters

OlmStranger

Ok, I'm completely new to all this so excuse me if this is old, repeated or 'impossible'. But, after a short search it came up with nothing so here goes...

I was wondering if someone would be able to make a few new playable classes or... whats the term, whatever, I'll just describe it. Basically, I'd like to see some more animals besides Khajiit and Argonians. Give it some more variety and whatnot. It's always bugged me that for some unknown reasons only cats and lizards made it into the humanoid stage. Theres no bear-people, dog/wolf-people, whatever. You get the idea.

I'm be far more keen on seeing a stag and doe version. That way, like the original classes it has male and female options for those that want them.

If this has been made, could someone please point it out to me, and if it's not likely possible, please feel free to let me know as well.

I've got plenty of other ideas but this one will do for now... I'd like it to be as compatible as possible as well of course. I'm going to be messing around a little with Oblivion for a few weeks, seeing how much people have altered it with mods and how effective these mods are.

This might not help much, considering it's still a cat race, but Cobl includes a variation of the Khajiit (Ohmes-Raht) and Elsweyr: Deserts of Anequina also adds multiple Khajiit variants.

There is the Vexend race, and some hooved playable races as well, like this Cow race or some other satyr type that I now can't remember. Search them, they exist.

You may also want to check out the Dragon Race.

The Curse of Hircine Resurrected also lets you play as a werewolf. :thumbsup:

Edit: Found a couple more; the Wolven, the Soqui and the Chuhrai. They're all under new races, classes and birthsigns in the search. I'm sure I saw a deer race and a couple monkey ones.

Edited by Candex

Try a search using "race" as the key word - there are several hundred race mods, many of which add new animal-type races. Edited by MarkInMKUK

• 3 months later...

Can you people Try to Make A custom anthro Orca race and a custom anthro Shark race mod to me Please?

Someone already asked for a shark once, I'm not sure if anyone agreed to make it or not.

Human-like races are easy to make because all you do is slap on a few textures and BOOM you're done. Animal races require new meshes made from scratch. The real problem with making new races like this is the head. There weren't a lot of people who could make meshes to begin with, much less a new head (which is a ton more complicated) and most of them have probably moved on to Skyrim now.

Exactly Kiitan, modeling the heads is one thing, but for each head design you do, you have to create a complete set of custom animations to go along with it otherwise your new race just looks bland.