Does anyone still play Oblivion?

Lehcar

Oblivion Nexus has been so quiet the last five years, ever since Skyrim came out... it's super depressing, honestly.

Awesome as Skyrim is, there are many elements of Oblivion that I like a lot more. Cyrodiil is a sweet place. Hopefully one day they'll do a remake on a newer engine.

Edited by Lehcar

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes I do (:

First played in 2007 on xbox 360. And now currently modding Oblivion on PC (it is amazing to see what mods can do)

For me Oblivion is one of the greatest RPG, and I prefer this game than Skyrim too. Even with its old engine, I think Oblivion is still good to play in 2016 (but not as easy as Skyrim to mod :p)

Been playing it since May 2007. My favourite game, no doubt; about 3000 hours in. I find both the vanilla game and the mods more enjoyable than Skyrim, and Skyrim is for sure great!

There is still a lot of people playing Oblivion, myself included. Just because the Nexus site is dead doesn't mean other sites or forums are too. Started a new game in December and still have not finished all the vanilla quests - thanks to the huge number of mods available here and other sites.

Played it on Game of the Year edition. Before that morrowind. I'm getting back into it soon. Waiting for answer to the 4gb patch, been a week with no replys. :sad:

Skyrim requires internet to activate. I only have limited library and college access. So, Skyrim is unplayable. I'v waiting for it to come out on GOG DRM-FREE. I don't play any games that require activation BS.

Also, I created this great mods years ago that has swords that drains you magicka to repair armor, recharge weapons. Nothing like it existed at the time. The quest is terrible, need to go back and make it better. Couldn't get anybody to come on join in on the project. Plus a few other fun features.

Took me a days to get oblivion setup with all the mods and utilities. ;)

Edited by Lord Valarian

me too still playing this great game, bad engine aside. I am a modder

& I think you're wrong Oblivion nexus is dead. if you always look mod newest recent mod. it appears one mod is spawned per two or three day

There are still tons of people playing, and modding, myself included. Real life work has slowed my progress on both lately but I am still plugging away on a number of mod projects as free time allows.

Count me in as another dedicated Oblivion player -- bought it the week it came out (and at least three more times over the years) and I've never not been playing it for any length of time since. Once I finally started learning to make mods myself (late bloomer), that pretty much shifted my focus and now I'm actually playing CSE as much as I play the game itself. No regrets! only the one that I took so long to start learning. That's not only expanded -- no, not expanded, more like exploded my horizons, it's also given me such a deeper appreciation of what modders put into what they do. Because of mods, I don't foresee getting tired of Oblivion ever. Good thing, too -- because Cyrodiil is where I practically live.

Count me in as another dedicated Oblivion player -- bought it the week it came out (and at least three more times over the years) and I've never not been playing it for any length of time since. Once I finally started learning to make mods myself (late bloomer), that pretty much shifted my focus and now I'm actually playing CSE as much as I play the game itself. No regrets! only the one that I took so long to start learning. That's not only expanded -- no, not expanded, more like exploded my horizons, it's also given me such a deeper appreciation of what modders put into what they do. Because of mods, I don't foresee getting tired of Oblivion ever. Good thing, too -- because Cyrodiil is where I practically live.

You hit the nail on the head with this post. Learning to mod games really blows all the doors wide open. You look at everything about the game from a different perspective and have a much stronger sense of respect for modders in general. I strongly encourage more people to dive in head first and try their hand at it. There are still plenty of experienced folks lurking about to help answer questions. Things may have slowed down on the sites and forums, but many fantastic mods have been released in the past few years also. Nexus is by far the largest of them, but there are numerous smaller sites containing exclusive downloads. And don't be afraid to broaden your horizons even further by searching foreign (non-English) mod sites. There is a veritable gold mine of unique mods to be found on those. Oblivion gaming is a long, long way from being dead and forgotten.