Depression

kvnchrist

You people seriously need to grow up. The fact that I'm with a group of adults acting my age, when they should be acting their own, is just plain sad. Marharth, I find your opinion and conclusion on personal experience to be extremely ignorant, rude, and unacceptable by all means of politeness. To post something so slanderous shows how much you disregard the emotions and thoughts of those in this thread, as well as the other debates I have visited. @Kvn, your smart comebacks are not only immature, but it shows just how much you've allowed this debate to continue downhill. I have never seen any two people act so childish and damning onto those who post here. Just because you have the knowledge doesn't give you the right to flaunt it around and such because that only makes you look like a royal fool. You need a reality check and to grow up, plain and simple, and this is coming from a 16 year old teenager. Food for thought.

Granny, Lins, I'm not accusing the two of you for anything. You guys have my thanks and hold my hopes for a better debating community. I admit, I was impulsive and brash in this particular thread, but I'm willing to at least admit it. Thank you both for remaining patient and resourceful when dealing with people who acted otherwise. Your attempts to hold the civility of this thread together is not in vain and has not gone unnoticed. You have my appreciation.

As for my recommendation, I say that this thread should be closed immediately. Whether or not the operator will choose to do so is up to him, but it is clear to at least three people that this thread has turned its ugly head. And that's three too many.

Edited by Keanumoreira

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You people seriously need to grow up. The fact that I'm with a group of adults acting my age, when they should be acting their own, is just plain sad. Marharth, I find your opinion and conclusion on personal experience to be extremely ignorant, rude, and unacceptable by all means of politeness. To post something so slanderous shows how much you disregard the emotions and thoughts of those in this thread, as well as the other debates I have visited. @Kvn, your smart comebacks are not only immature, but it shows just how much you've allowed this debate to continue downhill. I have never seen any two people act so childish and damning onto those who post here. Just because you have the knowledge doesn't give you the right to flaunt it around and such because that only makes you look like a royal fool. You need a reality check and to grow up, plain and simple, and this is coming from a 16 year old teenager. Food for thought.

Granny, Lins, I'm not accusing the two of you for anything. You guys have my thanks and hold my hopes for a better debating community. I admit, I was impulsive and brash in this particular thread, but I'm willing to at least admit it. Thank you both for remaining patient and resourceful when dealing with people who acted otherwise. Your attempts to hold the civility of this thread together is not in vain and has not gone unnoticed. You have my appreciation.

As for my recommendation, I say that this thread should be closed immediately. Whether or not the operator will choose to do so is up to him, but it is clear to at least three people that this thread has turned its ugly head. And that's three too many.

I still fail to understand why everyone is taking such great offense to what I said.

I am not trying to be offensive and I am sorry if anyone takes it that way.

The reason we don't get a grip is because this speculation sounds a lot like everyone is saying, "Oh if you only busied yourself more and were not so lazy then you would be fine!"

I am hoping you don't mean it that way, but that is EXACTLY how it sounds.

Sorry, but it sounded to me that the person who I quoted was leaving the thread because my question was too stupid to respond to.

As a matter of fact someone said that awhile back someone asked if the thread was still talking about Depression. and so he was leaving. I'm not the smartest person but I don't think my comments are stupid enough to make people leave a thread

I (who am a she) was planning to as the nature of your comment was so...UGH. Maybe you didnt mean the way it sounded but the supposition that someone with depression can get over it by busying themselves is one of the reasons it so hard to diagnose and treat this illness. I have explained further in other post.

I usually try to leave a thread (as do others) before I lose my cool and become rude. I did so here and I apologize for the rude but not for the meaning and intent behind it. I feel like I am talking to my kids while they are gaming....*sigh*

I still fail to understand why everyone is taking such great offense to what I said.

I am not trying to be offensive and I am sorry if anyone takes it that way.

I think that's part of the problem.......

The reason we don't get a grip is because this speculation sounds a lot like everyone is saying, "Oh if you only busied yourself more and were not so lazy then you would be fine!"

I am hoping you don't mean it that way, but that is EXACTLY how it sounds.

Sorry, but it sounded to me that the person who I quoted was leaving the thread because my question was too stupid to respond to.

As a matter of fact someone said that awhile back someone asked if the thread was still talking about Depression. and so he was leaving. I'm not the smartest person but I don't think my comments are stupid enough to make people leave a thread

I (who am a she) was planning to as the nature of your comment was so...UGH. Maybe you didnt mean the way it sounded but the supposition that someone with depression can get over it by busying themselves is one of the reasons it so hard to diagnose and treat this illness. I have explained further in other post.

I usually try to leave a thread (as do others) before I lose my cool and become rude. I did so here and I apologize for the rude but not for the meaning and intent behind it. I feel like I am talking to my kids while they are gaming....*sigh*

I don't think severe cases of depression can be fixed by busying yourself.

I will go ahead and apologize for anything I have said. I think my hatred for pharmaceutical companies kind of blinded me.

There are also other important factors to be taken into account when pronouncing sentence on the evils of medication, either for depression or anything else. St John's Wort is a very powerful herb that has been shown to be effective, but it's very strength means that it does not play along with other drugs at times. I have rheumatoid arthritis. Chronic fatigue and depression goes with that. I have to take both NSAID's and cytotoxic chemo for the RA. When the depression gets too much, I cannot fall back on St John's Wort, as it does not play nicely with those drugs.

As for working yourself out of depression, suppose the trigger/cause of your depression was that you were just given notice of redundancy? Not an uncommon occurrence these days (it just happened to me....)

I volunteer at an elderly home of which there are a percentage of clinically depressed residents, now the standard protocol is to medicate them in most but not all cases. Though on a personal level I am not much in favor of mind altering drugs but I would be loathe to say that it does not seem to help them somewhat. I should add that the establishment is a Quaker run facility and I have the utmost admiration for the care the staff provides, so they are not medicating the folks to make them easier to handle. Since I am lacking both a medical and psychiatric degree I defer to those that have the training to make this call.

. @Kvn, your smart comebacks are not only immature, but it shows just how much you've allowed this debate to continue downhill. I have never seen any two people act so childish and damning onto those who post here. Just because you have the knowledge doesn't give you the right to flaunt it around and such because that only makes you look like a royal fool. You need a reality check and to grow up, plain and simple, and this is coming from a 16 year old teenager. Food for thought.

First of all I haven't allowed anything to slip.Saying that I somehow can control this thread is like saying I can herd cats. I have no control over other posters, especially since I haven't been on, but a few minutes in the last few days. I am a truck driver and depend ohn finding truck stops with exterior Wi-Fi to get on line, and that's when I have the time to get on. Which is seldom. What do you mean knowledge. Knowledge of what? Most of these relies are talking about clinical depression, which I have no experience in.

I explained my actions thoroughly, and they were not without merit.

I believe in the rights for everybody to be heard and respected. I believe in the right of every post to be answered respectfully and not be used as a reason why someone leaves a thread. I guess, since that hasn't happened to you, then you think you can judge me. If someone wants to leave a thread, do so, but don't degrade others posts while doing so.. The trouble with these web sites is that there are so many who do not look face to face with the target of their replies, so they think they don't need to respect them. I am old school, pre internet, so I know how to relate to people. I also know how to defend myself and will do so when there is need.

In fact, the Topic Starter can at any time report their own thread and ask it to be closed, and it will be.

This thread is full of posts that are both offensive and extremely uncivil. Locked.

-myrmaad