i did a little looking maybe not enough.

Can some tell me how to add items to the scrap list. I'm working on a settlement mod and there are some items that will not scrap even with Spring Cleaning.

Can I/how do i add them to the scrap list or should I just delete them or replace them with items than can be scraped.

One item is the white picketed fences in Fairline Hill Est.

Thanks

Clintster74

The fences should already be scrappable..... I haven't found any so far that aren't. Not sure what happened there.

Doesn't the bUseCombinedObjects trick cause other issues???? I seem to remember reading something about that........ Is that a setting that can be changed on the fly? Or would doing so while in-game cause some truly horrific consequences?

Using that line will make your FPS take a hard hit. Like, really hard hit.

You most likely have to either add them to any of the scrap FLST, or make a new recipe for them . I think _co_scrap is the recipe you want.

@HayYou

I have that line set to 0 and use Spring Cleaning, and it will not scrap there are three other items that will not scrap as well but I changed them to workshop items and they can now be scraped. And what's you with the know how to read box?

@ Ethreon

Yes that line will cause LOD issues if you scrap the wrong item IE the shrubs in Sanctuary, how ever if you add the line bUsePreCulledObjects=0 it will stop the LOD issues. NOTE this line will cause FPS drops and lag on weaker systems I run twin

GTX 760 4gig cards in SLI on true twin 16X slots.

this is not the same fence as used at Sanctuary it is a three sided one piece fence and will not scrap, I can use CC disable and remove it but not every body seams to now how to do that

@Hobo Feral

In the CK there is workshop_co_scrapXXXXX, workshopScrappableKeyword, workshoprecipe_XXX ot takes one or all to add a item to the scrap list trying to find out wicth one

Lapdragon and I have found bUseCombinedObjects=0 to cause some workshops to exit under certain conditions as if you left the buildable area when you leave the actual cell the workshop is in. We thought it was related to edited cells but this has proven NOT to be the case so we haven't found the precise trigger yet. 2 of the rebuild settlements have that issue with that setting.

Just a heads up if you guys find your workshops exiting in strange ways.

Clintster74: it may be easier to use xEdit to add those parts to the scrap lists ... just make sure the Last step is to open the mod in CK and check for errors. *(or make some small change and then save since it will check for errors on save) I still use xEdit for some tasks as much faster and more straightforward than the CK is.

Robert

rdunlap/Robert,

Either way, and I'm not good at making those kind of edits with Xedit I still don't know the procedure for making something scrabble.

I'm just going to replace them with fence I know can be scraped more work but oh well.

Clint

Lapdragon and I have found bUseCombinedObjects=0 to cause some workshops to exit under certain conditions as if you left the buildable area when you leave the actual cell the workshop is in. We thought it was related to edited cells but this has proven NOT to be the case so we haven't found the precise trigger yet. 2 of the rebuild settlements have that issue with that setting.

Just a heads up if you guys find your workshops exiting in strange ways.

Clintster74: it may be easier to use xEdit to add those parts to the scrap lists ... just make sure the Last step is to open the mod in CK and check for errors. *(or make some small change and then save since it will check for errors on save) I still use xEdit for some tasks as much faster and more straightforward than the CK is.

Robert

Interesting thing to note: editing a cell (at least, if your plugin touches any REFR record that is normally part of a precombined object) will make the game automatically disable preculling and combined objects in that cell (like the ini edits, but limited to the cell(s) in question). So if the ini can cause cell borders to act like settlement borders, it would make sense for editing a cell to do the same thing.

Can we please stick to the subject.

My question was and still is. Dose any one know the procedure for making a item scrabble in the CK and will it interfere with the scraping mods like Spring cleaning

Just a note my game and my system handles the two .ini lines listed above with no loss of FPS, no lag and I have no problems with dropping out of workshop mode

Author of Scrap Everything here. (Obviously) Yes, I do know how to make an item scrappable. :)

1. get the Editor ID of the object you want to scrap.

1.5 if you have multiple objects you want to scrap of the same material and quantity (Ex: gives 5 steel when scrapped), add them to a formlist

2. Create a constructible object (COBJ) with the WorkshopRecipeFilterScrap keyword (in the FNAM - Category section in FO4Edit)

3. Add the components and the number of components you want to get

4. Use the Editor ID/Formlist of the item(s) you want to scrap as the Created Object

Use the existing scrap recipies as a template (workshop_co_Scrap####) where #### is the item being scrapped.

As for compatibility, as long as the mod doesn't already have a COBJ/formlist using that item, you should be good. Hope this helps!