Does anyone listen to the History Channel?

kvnchrist

Every time I go home I usually turn on the TV for, at least background noise, while I type away on my computer. The channels I used to enjoy was The History channel, A&E, TLC and others like that. Recently, I have seen absolutely nothing about history on The History Channel and I was wondering If others have noticed this on other channels.

History Channel and Discovery Channel both are going this way, unfortunately. While some of the shows are somewhat interesting, they have little to nothing to do with history.

Also... who's that in your avatar? Been meaning to ask.

Kinda like how "MTV" now has little to no music in it whatsoever. Might as well just call it "TV".

Anyway there's still a little bit. However their other channel, History International, has more history stuff in it. I mostly watch that channel now.

Every time I go home I usually turn on the TV for, at least background noise, while I type away on my computer. The channels I used to enjoy was The History channel, A&E, TLC and others like that. Recently, I have seen absolutely nothing about history on The History Channel and I was wondering If others have noticed this on other channels.

That's what I do too when I'm on the computer, listening to the History Channel in the background. Listening to it now in fact....

There's still history, it's just usually in reference to what is being pawned or picked in some reality show. Still generally more meaningful than watching a disfunctional family of bike builders though. Havn't even bothered looking at TLC in ages more than a glimpse while surfing past...

But really, the shows 'try' to have some sort of knowledge theme involved... The problem is that they've moved away from low rated things like documentaries to reality TV which is generally cheaper anyway. But really, do we want to go back to the constant WWII stuff that was shown before?

Well, I got tired of the Hitler channel, which is what many used to call The History channel a while back, But I like to learn stuff, which is why I belong to debate sites. can't learn from digging around in some burn for old oil cans or seeing someone want to pawn a fake historical document.

I love History international, but very few motels have anything more than the basic cable fare.

History Channel...yeah it's gone to crap hasn't it? I'm really tired of Pawn Stars and all this other stuff. Yeah, it's history...but I liked it when they had shows about ancient cultures and the occasional WWII stuff. Animal Planet has gone the same route...it's about animals yeah, but it's more about the people. They don't show good documentaries anymore :( It's all "reality" shows. TLC is just horrible too...The Learning Channel? More like The Lame Channel :P

Makes me glad that I don't have a TV or cable...$70+ a month for 200 channels of absolute garbage. I only watch it when we go to mama in laws house and half the time I can't find a single thing to watch, especially on the weekends. They just re-run Pit Boss or Swamp Loggers or some other BS all day.

TLC is just horrible too...The Learning Channel? More like The Lame Channel :P

Wait, what? That's what it stands for?! o_O Never would have guessed that.

But yeah, about the only channels I watch any more are USA, FX, and Nat'l Geographic sometimes. History channel for background noise, and then I'll occasionally actually watch it if it's an interesting Pawn Stars episode or if they do the Dogfights show, that holds my interest usually. USA has NCIS, one of the few shows I actually care to keep up with due to the fairly easy to follow story and 'good guy always wins' which is a nice break from real life. FX has some good movies on pretty regularly, but otherwise is generally garbage.