Dog broke computer....

survivalist92

title says it all, he got the sandwich i left on top of it.. and Sh** happened.... the frame cracked, the hdd is buggy, the CPU was joggled into the corner of my video card on got cracked.... so yea.... im just gonna save more money and buy it

Do i actually have to read and do schoolwork for entertainment now?

Or do i see what i can do on a Laptop?

Info about dog: i couldn't stay mad at him... he did his little innocent look, i yelled at him and his eyes got all big... too cute to stay mad at, even if i have nothing to do now. ;D o_O o_O :wallbash: :wallbash: ;D :ninja: :ninja: :dance: :blush:

Edit: yes technically it was my own stupidity... please don't say that i know it already

Edit 2: my laptop isn't that good, so i can't play anything other than pinball

Edited by survivalist92

Best to go with a desktop, lap tops don't make very good gaming rigs, but they do make good chew toys from dogs :P Though my only question is how does a Beastmaster's dog do something so wrong for his companion huh? :D

XD apparently he's more loyal to his stomach... i was getting him food when this happened

Edit: and it was a desktop he knocked over... he's a Whippet on steroids... size of a medium greyhound, strength of... um.... small Airedale maybe?

Edited by survivalist92

Next computer... Don't put the tower anywhere that isn't also blocked by atleast one side (use straps if in a place with heavy motion). Make sure all cords leading to and from the computer are secured, a few lengths of 1/2" or 1/4" corrugated plastic tubing running between the computer and common places (one for monitor cable, speakers, mic, camera) (one for keyboard, mouse) (one for power cords from powerstrip to PC) can do wonders for keeping cords in order and less interesting to chew on. Keeping the computer in a corner somewhere, instead of out in the open, is also usually a good idea.

Animal proofing your electronics is just as important as childproofing them. Not only for the safety of your electronics, but also for the safety of your pet.

This makes me quite scared. Since I am litteraly using another fan next to my video card secured by nothing for now and the computer is open I am starting to be affraid that my cat will jump in it. On the good news my replacement fan for 6850 has arrived and I'll replace it tomorrow.

This makes me quite scared. Since I am litteraly using another fan next to my video card secured by nothing for now and the computer is open I am starting to be affraid that my cat will jump in it. On the good news my replacement fan for 6850 has arrived and I'll replace it tomorrow.

fortunately, i doubt a cat could knock over even a 28lb desktop xD

My computer is also open on one side, because the air isn't flowing like it should when it's closed and my CPU makes horribly loud noises.

And don't worry about your cat, mine is really stupid but she still didn't get in.

My computer is also open on one side, because the air isn't flowing like it should when it's closed and my CPU makes horribly loud noises.

And don't worry about your cat, mine is really stupid but she still didn't get in.

Just an FYI, having your computer open like that can seriously shorten the lifespan of your hardware because of environmental static and radio signals. Although newer hardware is less prone to these problems, care should be taken. Computer cases are usually lined with metal for this reason. The metal dampens these environmental factors, and should be as shielded as you can manage without blocking off air flow.

If you are having an airflow issue, make sure both the case and the fans aren't clogged with dust, and that the coverings have clear access to an air source.

Just an FYI, having your computer open like that can seriously shorten the lifespan of your hardware because of environmental static and radio signals. Although newer hardware is less prone to these problems, care should be taken. Computer cases are usually lined with metal for this reason. The metal dampens these environmental factors, and should be as shielded as you can manage without blocking off air flow.

If you are having an airflow issue, make sure both the case and the fans aren't clogged with dust, and that the coverings have clear access to an air source.

I know.

My case only has a few holes on the side for the air to get out. But on the wrong place, so the air from the CPU fan is hitting the metal case, and that's loud. (Also it doesn't have a fan on the side like in the picture.)

I plan on getting a new one as soon as possible.