CTD when Scrapping / storing in Sanctuary, help required!

Samurok

Hello Nexus member, i seek your assistance for the following issue :

since a week, i get CTD when i try to scrap or store any modded item/decoration in sanctuary .

the fun part is that if i use those items in other settlements, i dont have CTDs AND i can scrap vanilla items in sanctuary.

for now the cursed items seem to come from homemaker ;wall oil lamp; art connoisseur and craftable animation markers.

i guess the easy solution would be to uninstall those mods. but i wonder what would happen if i reinstall them after?

any help or magic fix can be usefull !

ps: drivers are up to date and game cache verified

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

okay so..i went on and uninstalled the mods that i tought (sp?) were the cause of those sanctuary ctd... well it didnt went as well as i hoped : now if i scrap any construction that isnt basic (by basic i mean the ones already here when you start the game) i get a ctd. May that be mutfruits trees, shops , paints you name it i crash if i store or scrap them. i guess i'll just have to wait a miraculous fix or move all my settlers to another settlement hoping that bug wont follow...

again if anyone got any ideas, i'm all ears ^^

Just here to confirm that I have the same issue and so far it's only in Sanctuary. Did you by any chance notice that crops and power lines disappeared before the game ctd?

I don't have any mods that effects settlements or workshop. I have also made a complete reinstall of Fallout 4 without mods and reset the ini files. Verified game cache trough steam and then started a new game.

So a fresh install without mods and I still get ctd after I scrap or store workshop objects in Sanctuary.

All of this started after the 1.5 update.

Just here to confirm that I have the same issue and so far it's only in Sanctuary. Did you by any chance notice that crops and power lines disappeared before the game ctd?

I don't have any mods that effects settlements or workshop. I have also made a complete reinstall of Fallout 4 without mods and reset the ini files. Verified game cache trough steam and then started a new game.

So a fresh install without mods and I still get ctd after I scrap or store workshop objects in Sanctuary.

did not notice crops dissapearances nor power lines, but like you it started at 1.5... maybe is it because sanctuary on my save have a lot of stuff? i should try a new save to check.

• 4 weeks later...

I've had this same issue as well, and like you Nercis I did notice power lines mysteriously disappearing.

Scrapping the conduits in particular cause CTD.

I reset the INI, and even went into the AppData folder and deleted the content of the Fallout 4 folder.

What Settlement mods have either of you used?

SKE, Spring Cleaning, Better Vendor Stalls, Better Stores, Homemaker, Snap N Build - Wooden Windows / Doorways, Do It Yourself Clutter, OCDecorator, Sniping Diner Booths, NX Pro Farming

This happened once before and I just started a new game.

At any point did you install Snap N Build and then delete it?

• 4 weeks later...

did not notice crops dissapearances nor power lines, but like you it started at 1.5... maybe is it because sanctuary on my save have a lot of stuff? i should try a new save to check.

I have the exact same problem, I get CTD when I try to scrap a certain Capsule modude with Power conduit attaached to it (SnapNBuild). Really frustrating CTD. Really puts me off playing the game :/

Same issue here. Scrapping anything in Sanctuary, modded or unmodded, causes a CTD.
I've even removed all mods and the issue persists. Verify integrity of game cache. Running loot. Nothing works.
This was not caused by changes in mods. It was working perfectly, I did a quest, and suddenly this.

See to it that in your Fallout.ini (in Documents/My Games) under [General], the line bUseCombinedObjects= has a zero instead of a one after the = (bUseCombinedObjects=0). It can affect V-RAM use but it usually allows scrapping without issues...

Getting the same problem as you guys but only since 1.6 went live. Can not delete anything from the sanctuary area, vanilla or mod. Even trying to move stuff in workshop mode crashes me out. Also found out that a previously explored area near to CIT causes instant CTD (had to coc in and out of building to complete hunter/hunted). Like I say only since Beta 1.6 went live.

The annoying part is that I have travelled through CIT numerous times in the past with no errors.

Getting back to Sanctuary I can place new gear down but not delete it, I have just over 120 mods running, noticeable Homemaker, SKE, SOE. I have uninstalled all mods, deleted local files and reinstalled via steam on a new 500GB SSD I purchased for the game (just this game, NMM and Steam installed there) and still CTD when deleting gear there on a new game without any mods installed.

I run Windows 10 (game runs in windows 7 compatible mod) 8 core AMD FX 9590 4GHz (oc to 5GHz) 32GB Corsair Vengence Ram (2000Hz), radeon r9 390x 8GB video card and the game is installed on a Samsung 850 pro 500GB SSD with rapid mode (seq read 2290 seq write 2145), all drivers up to date