Change of Ad Provider

Dark0ne

• Replies 539
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, glad to see there were legitimate reports. I had a worry that opening up a "report ad" feature would result in ALL ADS, not just the bad ones, being reported.

FYI to anyone reading, disabling Adobe Flash in your browser usually prevents many of the "annoying" ads.

Edited by Celestros

In response to post #37641220.

TheAkula wrote: Not sure i understood this

Ad provider was doing a shoddy job weeding out the bad ads; some of them so bad that they were attempting to install malware. Dark0ne got the statistics to this effect through the (relatively) new "report ad" function, and got ticked off enough to do something about it. Edited by Madcat221

In response to post #37642095.

JerichoCAL wrote: I just want to take a moment to say how impressed I am with your service to your community. Not only are you NOT exploiting your user-base by basically forcing them to pay to get rid of shitty ads, but you are also risking your revenue for the betterment of your user's experience. Bravo. I can not stress how impressive and admirable that is. If anything should move people to donation for premium, it should be this, and I myself definitely see myself donating in the future.
Thank you! I believe the world should consider you and the Nexus team a group of saints for the dedication you offer!

Would you be surprised to know that he's turned down offers to buy the Nexus network?

In response to post #37625710. #37641440 is also a reply to the same post.

MisterB1969 wrote: Awesome news am getting tired lagging out just going to this website.
tekel2959 wrote: Appreciate the open dialogue. Hopefully the number of attempts to install an "updated " flash.exe will drop with your new provider.

So far so good

I fully appreciate your diligence in taking care of this ad issue, and will gladly turn off my adblocker as soon as this Saturday comes around. Currently, this site is borderline unusable with the sorts of ads we get here.

-

just a suggestion, maybe you can incentivize people to turn off their adblockers by giving them some form of redeemable credit. That credit could be redeemed for short term (maybe a day or a week's work) premium membership, or even just partial features of the premium membership, like access to premium servers.

In response to post #37620645. #37623800 is also a reply to the same post.

gameboytj wrote: So is it safe to turn adblockplus off yet?
lued123 wrote: Like he said, they'll be switching on Saturday, so if the new provider isn't as garbage, it will be safe then.

You really shouldn't use ABP. Go get uBlock Origin instead.

Just in like the last day or two on mobile I've gotten an excessive amount of "You win!" and taking me to another page ads where it is hard to go back to the Nexusmods site... Like I won't even click anything, the site page will just load, and then suddenly I've won an iPhone, no take-backs.