Change of Ad Provider

Dark0ne

Thank goodness. I tried turning off my adblocker for this site for a while as I love this site oh so much and want to see it be as successful as can be. However after a couple weeks of putting up with the ads making my browser slow down to snails pace (or even straight out crashing it while watching youtube with 1 nexus tab open) I had to turn on my adblocker again. I'll try turning it off for this site again, if I have too many issues again ill submit some reports and turn it back on until further notice. I hope all goes well and this site lasts forever. <3

• Replies 539
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So apparently, because I've bought Premium memberships in the past, I don't get ads (after reading this post, I decided to whitelist Nexus in my adblocker), and honestly, I would like to continue to support the site during those times I can't afford to keep up a membership. Is it possible to re-enable ads, like through a radio button somewhere that says, "I would like to continue supporting the site by having ads shown despite my supporter status", or something like that?

In response to post #37761110.

xPsykes wrote:

So far none of the adds have been high-def videos (just low-def or slideshows), none have replaced the Nexus background, none have opened popups (though i left that option of adblock on all sites before - it's off on Nexus now). It is a bit of a buzzkill when someone is watching Netflix and i'm browsing, but the adds thankfully seem to load after the Nexus content so it hasn't really bogged down loading the page any more than usual.

So the problem is fixed?

It's certainly not iritating me at least.

Reading this makes me glad I paid for a ad-free membership. Not to avoid the ads, but to support someone who gives a damn about this sort of problem. Good on you! This makes me want to buy a premium membership and I might just do it next payday.

I really appreciate the effort you're going to in dumping ad providers who serve malware.

The Nexus has become THE central exchange point for the modding community and providing a free access path is critical to keeping it viable.

You don't know how good it feels to not only have someone listen to your "testing" feedback, but to also have them be so moved as to change the entire system to fix the problems that were found.

I honestly didn't know what to think of the Nexus' leadership or moderators when I first joined here, but just this small post has given me a huge amount of respect for what you guys are doing. :)

I will be happy to whitelist your site on my Adblocker once you find a provider who isn't chaotically evil. ;)

Thank you so much for listening to us!

Edited by Makron8

Despite being a very infrequent user, the fact that you can own up to, and fix your ad provider issues (that I've never noticed) is amazing. I've bought supporter just to show my appreciation in as many ways as possible.