Change of Ad Provider

Dark0ne

This is great. I stopped visiting this site on my iPad because there were fullpage ads that took over the Nexus page and wouldn't let me return to my previously visited URL. So I switched to my PC and made sure to turn on adblocker.

I''ll turn it off for this site, because of the great services you provide and will keep tabs on how it performs.. :)

• Replies 539
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't recommend Cnet as they have been known to download their own proprietary software that has their own adware in it. Here is a link if you want to know more: http://insecure.org/news/download-com-fiasco.html

I recommend MajorGeeks.com as they allow downloading from the original author's site when it is available.

The best and fastest way to get rid of redirects and adware that I have found is JRT (Junkware removal tool) it is owned by MalwareBytes a well respected antivirus company. But they let you download JRT FREE It is not an antivirus and must be run manually. Get it here: https://www.malwarebytes.org/junkwareremovaltool/

It runs on my multi hard drive system in about 5 to 10 minutes while any Antivirius will take well over an hour and then not remove the redirects or adware that JRT does.

Are you guys not going to acknowledge the problem on your site? where suddenly it will redirect to a fake flash update virus???? Do you really not care at all???

The ads have actually gotten worse for me since the provider change. The worst I used to just get annoying videos that slowed down the page. Hardly ever got autoplaying sound, never any redirects.

Since the change, I've gotten two redirects and it seems like every other time I load a page I get this horrible, loud car ad that locks the page so I can't even scroll away from it. Just from the amount of rage that ad has caused I will never buy a Honda.

The redirect problem is STILL happening and the staff won't acknowledge it, I've made posts and called for support and no one is even stating that they are attempting to fix it, every time I ask someone just says "Use your Anti-Virus" or "Use this tool to scan" I've done those things, this problem is your (the nexus) problem please fix it!

I don't recommend Cnet as they have been known to download their own proprietary software that has their own adware in it. Here is a link if you want to know more: http://insecure.org/news/download-com-fiasco.html

I recommend MajorGeeks.com as they allow downloading from the original author's site when it is available.

The best and fastest way to get rid of redirects and adware that I have found is JRT (Junkware removal tool) it is owned by MalwareBytes a well respected antivirus company. But they let you download JRT FREE It is not an antivirus and must be run manually. Get it here: https://www.malwarebytes.org/junkwareremovaltool/

It runs on my multi hard drive system in about 5 to 10 minutes while any Antivirius will take well over an hour and then not remove the redirects or adware that JRT does.

Are you guys not going to acknowledge the problem on your site? where suddenly it will redirect to a fake flash update virus???? Do you really not care at all???

Forgive me for being a noob, but if the problem is on 'the Nexus site', how come not all of us are experiencing this redirect?

Some are, but not everyone. This site has millions of members. There would have been a ton load of complaints by now.

I don't have ad-block on, I see the normal ads one would expect, I am not being redirected to a fake flash update site.

Thank you, I cannot believe how much better it is. I couldn't navigate this site and was forced to download adblock even though I'm deeply rooted against it. But I can turn it off now and navigate much smoother, without the lagging scroll effect and sudden and very loud ads exploding through my speakers. But please don't worry, because I love this site so much, I'm going to donate money to keep it's progression going. Oh and I think Bethesda.net is filling with pirated mods. I think we all deserve the same mods, whether they be console or not, but not without permission. Maybe there is a way to bridge the gap.

You guys do good work here, especially with that reporting system. It helped.

Forgive me for being a noob, but if the problem is on 'the Nexus site', how come not all of us are experiencing this redirect?

Some are, but not everyone. This site has millions of members. There would have been a ton load of complaints by now.

I don't have ad-block on, I see the normal ads one would expect, I am not being redirected to a fake flash update site.

Not everyone sees the same ads. They are different in deferent geographical areas. Why would an advertiser trying to sell a product that is only available in Korea want their ads seen in Argentina? Most people are not seeing the problem ads we were plagued with previously.

Today I almost turned ad-block on again. Stupid video ads ate up 4.2 GB of memory due to crappy flash plugin for Firefox and crashed the browser. (Chrome can be worse for me) I always wondered why I put ad-block on nexus and I was nearly instantly reminded.

But I also learned that regardless of which premium sub, ads are turned off for life. (My fault for not reading more closely) So i'll just do that instead. Though I imagine you'd get much more money from ads with my browsing in the long run it's a perfectly acceptable solution for me if it means no more, still terrible, ad deployment. It makes little sense for ad providers to go with a system that crashes browsers and makes people not even see their stupid ad in the first place let alone desire and sometimes require to block them.

I certainly want to support this site as best as I can and in the most beneficial way but the ads are still deterring and it's a shame, but it's ABSOLUTELY WONDERFUL that Nexus is as transparent and upfront as they can. Regardless of ad struggles, you've made me care about you guys for life so long as you don't change too much ;)

The problem is their problem cause the first time I experienced this was soon after I bought my new PC, My NEW PC I never went to any virus ridden sites or downloaded anything malicious, this is without a doubt their problem this has happened in the past and has recently resurfaced

Edited by xPsykes

Not everyone sees the same ads. They are different in deferent geographical areas. Why would an advertiser trying to sell a product that is only available in Korea want their ads seen in Argentina? Most people are not seeing the problem ads we were plagued with previously.

So if "most" people are not experiencing the problem, then its not a problem at all?