Change of Ad Provider

Dark0ne

Thank you so much for this. I wanted so much to whitelist Nexus, but the ads cripple the site into unusable state until I disable them.

For what it's worth - I tried buying Supporter package but coming from a third world country it's a frustratingly convoluted process to make the payment so that's been put on back burner for a bit. Really hope the new ads are better because I want to start supporting Nexus proper.

• Replies 539
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #37618235. #37618805, #37624150, #37630020 are all replies on the same post.

jim_uk wrote: My Premium upgrade has been worth every penny and more, all of this has passed me by unnoticed.
PlagueHush wrote: This :D
lued123 wrote: Exactly. I am glad to hear that standard users won't be having these problems though. I was one of them once, and the ads were literally intolerable.
Madcat221 wrote: Yep. All us prems are all like :whistling:

I've had thoughts of cancelling mine once, but it allows me to continue support the website, without ads. Which is nice.

In response to post #37618235. #37618805, #37624150, #37630020, #37631660 are all replies on the same post.

jim_uk wrote: My Premium upgrade has been worth every penny and more, all of this has passed me by unnoticed.
PlagueHush wrote: This :D
lued123 wrote: Exactly. I am glad to hear that standard users won't be having these problems though. I was one of them once, and the ads were literally intolerable.
Madcat221 wrote: Yep. All us prems are all like :whistling:
Franceska wrote: I've had thoughts of cancelling mine once, but it allows me to continue support the website, without ads. Which is nice.

Absolutely.

I am pleased though that Dark0ne has taken an active interest in this and is doing something about it for non prem members. Other sites should take note of this as the ad industry just seems to be totally out of control now and at least this site is trying to do something about it.

In response to post #37632625.

spiderexpert wrote: More targeted advertising? So the new provider is going to be doing even more spying on the users?

Google is doing the "spying" for them.
They have data on what pages you visited, it's simply tracked. They don't use it for anything else than providing advertisements of the topics and sites you like.