Change of Ad Provider

Dark0ne

• Replies 539
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I never turn my adblocker off even on sites that I frequent daily. I actually first enabled the blocker solely because of Nexus ads that would play audio or link to obvious malware or flash annoyingly or etc etc etc. Because of this post and because of the respect of its author, I am switching the blocker off on this site only. We'll see how it goes, but I am uncharacteristically optimistic about this situation. Thank you, Nexus staff. And a special thank you to Dark0ne for this post.

Just a quick observation. It's 7:15am Sat London time. Connecting to the Nexus on an Android mobile using Chrome with no adblocker my session is still hijacked by a redirect from autobambas.com. Hopefully this is still your old providor.

You sir, just won yourself another Premium Member. It's good to see a site owner taking this matter seriously. I don't think most realize just how bad it really is. I can't use most websites on my cellphone because of ads. They make the experience frustrating at best, completely unusable at worst. Who comes up with this crap and actually expects it NOT to generate disdain from users?? No wonder ad-blockers are so prevalent. I've been a user of Ad-Block Plus since the modem days, because it made the difference between a page loading to my screen in 30 seconds and a page loading to my screen in 3 minutes.

Disabled blocker and nothing intrusive at first look. Now I'm noticing that the sites js popups such as search/endorsement reminders show behind the ads... Not sure if it's the ad's or the site coding So I'm not reporting it I'm just enabling blocker :-(

In response to post #37726155.

Gottfridsson wrote: Disabled blocker and nothing intrusive at first look. Now I'm noticing that the sites js popups such as search/endorsement reminders show behind the ads... Not sure if it's the ad's or the site coding So I'm not reporting it I'm just enabling blocker :-(

Same issue here. You can't click the "view your Profile" because it's behind the ad. I have no Problem with ads, when they're on the right and the left side of the Screen, and this should be the Standard. No ads in the "action-area" of a webside.

In response to post #37722860.

johnbell5713 wrote: Just a quick observation. It's 7:15am Sat London time. Connecting to the Nexus on an Android mobile using Chrome with no adblocker my session is still hijacked by a redirect from autobambas.com. Hopefully this is still your old providor.

Ads were switched over at 8AM in London.

In response to post #37728720.

ZengarZonvolt wrote: so far this "new" provider seems to be providing piss poor ads all over. or maybe its just my luck i dunno. whats up man? why does the ads keep itself ON FRIGGIN TOP? its on top of everything.

Same here...