Problems with Reinstalling Oblivion

gamemaster79

What is the error you are getting?

I think problem was in dll-files, even i tried to fix em, don't remember error code anymore. My default netbrowser and other browsers started crashing too. Java didn't work. Whole windows was messed up and i couldn't find the problem even i tried fix it for 2 days. I got tired and reinstalled windows. Now all works. Thanks for asking anyway. :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm having an issue getting my oblivion to even read the disk it shows up empty but takes forever to even tell me this. I know it is a working disk because I put it in another computer it worked fine i tried clicking a few of these links on this thread but all of them must have been removed. I did have a previous copy of the game before hand that a friend let me borrow I checked in some areas of where there was a trace of the old game. I tried almost every thing to try and get the registry to clear out old traces but a bit lost on how to find that. the disk is clean not a scratch in site (brand new disk) not sure on what to do now. i did try another game on my computer an it worked perfectly. Which leads me to narrow it down to a conflict issue with the disk. i know my comp can run the game perfectly already since i had no flaws. The destination i originally had it installed to was an external harddrive though i don't remember if I had to relocate it to the hard drive. I don't think i did. I'm out of options pretty much. i would appreciate a reply or a pm when ever. thank you ahead of time.

p.s. i am using a dvd-rom drive btw.

• 1 month later...
Ok I uninstalled Oblivion like a idiot and now that I am trying to reinstall, I get CRC (Cycle Redundancy Check) errors while installing the game. I have vista and have had no problems running it (I had it on D not C) is there any thing I can do to fix this? or am I screwed? Edited by blackninja50

Here is a link to my complete uninstall/reinstall procedure located in the WIKI section of the Nexus. This fixes most reinstall problems.

http://wiki.tesnexus.com/index.php/Oblivion_reinstall_procedure

It allows you to preserve any saves and mods, or remove them completely - your choice.

The CRC (Cyclic redundancy check )error can also be caused by a defective DVD or a corrupt install. There is a number on the DVD. At the end of the install, that number is calculated from the install and compared to the original number on the DVD. If they don't match, you get a CRC error.

I used the Launcher to uninstal and deleted all the related folders will your guild still work?

Edit: I flowed your guide and I'm still getting (Cycle Redundancy Check) errors I'm going to try cleaning the disk and flowing your guild again and see if it works.

Edit 2: it gets to Oblivion - Textures - Compressed.bsa then I get the (Cycle Redundancy Check) error if that helps. I am trying it again so I'll post again if it works wish me luck, or any thing that might help.

Edit 3: LLLLLLLLLLLlRRRRROOOOYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!! It Worked! thank you thank you thank you thank you! :) this is the LAST time I ever uninstall it.

Edited by blackninja50

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

ho dei problemi con oblivion

Which means what? :psyduck:

I think you are saying you have a problem with Oblivion - We need lots more information about your problem before we can help.

First, we speak English here. It would help if you could get someone to translate for you as Google translate has problems of its own when dealing with game concepts.