Having and annoying, noobish issue with Blender

Zombiemold

I can't seem to get nif scripts installed so I can import a nif into blender.... Iv'e tried a bunch of versions, but the installs always tells me that I need to install Blender (It's already installed) and I can't figure out the manual installtion.

Why is the Nif scripts installer telling me I need to install Blender when I already have?

Blender 2.49 is the last version that Nifscripts work with. Is that the version you're running? Also check this link. LHammonds has made an installation guide with links to all the correct versions of the different programs that work together.

RP

Funny you mention that particular Nexus download, because I just installed it. Now I am having a plethora of problems. Blender appears all black, nearly impossible to navigate (Blender was fine before when I had newer versions) and when I try to import nif (An option I never saw before) it throws an error.

I'm on Windows 7, 64 bit. Is that an issue? (I install the 32 bit Blender..)

• 2 weeks later...

Funny you mention that particular Nexus download, because I just installed it. Now I am having a plethora of problems. Blender appears all black, nearly impossible to navigate (Blender was fine before when I had newer versions) and when I try to import nif (An option I never saw before) it throws an error.

I'm on Windows 7, 64 bit. Is that an issue? (I install the 32 bit Blender..)

Sorry for being absent for a while.

If you installed newer versions of Python and Blender, you need to fully uninstall them before installing the 2.49b package (including all software inside).

Having a newer, unsupported version of Python installed can override the home path to the older version that works with Blender 2.49b and thus cause scripting issues.

The package I put together along with the documentation (step-by-step) on how to install it will work with any version of Windows no matter if it is 64- or 32-bit. However, everything you install must be the 32-bit versions (which are included in the download archive).

LHammonds

Ah, that makes sense, however, that makes working with Wrye Bash slightly more tedious as it requires a newer version of Python. I think I saw something in the newest version that said it now knows to pull from the newest python regardless of which was installed the latest, so that might provide me a work-around. I'll have to give it a try, and come back here with my results.