The Game the Intro Promised

charwo

I am hoping the Mod Community will do some serious upgrades to this game.

I enjoyed: Quest - Prelude To Vault 273

That Mod/Quest was a lot of fun.

But one of the mods that I seriously enjoyed with Skyrim was INDIGO.

I saw a little bit of that kind of thought with Nick V. in the game. He would have interaction with some of the NPC's and you understood there was a 'history' there. Then he was the only one that reacted the Mysterious Stranger (perk).

I would have gladly done without Strong in place of more story line with Nick V.

I would have gladly done without Curie and had more story line with Deacon.

Even McCready had a storyline that made that character worth being around.

IF I get what some posters are saying - Fallout 4 could have done with a little more CHARACTER STORY and quests around them and allowed for a little more development.

As the 'come back' about environment and " .. this is what FO is all about .. ". Well yes and no. I think, at least for me, I enjoyed FO-3, and FO-NV. In those not everything was Dead and Radioactive. My frustration w/FO-4 is the serious OVERKILL (too much) radiation and such.

I think we've seen enough of FO-3 and NV and FPS and we would like more depth to the game. More specific character development, as stated, like Nick V.

I wanted Deacon to tell me about his time in "Capital Wasteland". Ya, I wanted to hear it.

We want FPS / RPG - but I think some of us, at least me, would like more depth in character development.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Always bothers me how people who were disappointed by a game seem to have no concept of nuance left whatsoever. Fallout 4 is already the singleplayer game I have spent the most time playing in my entire life, and I'm not even done completely with Far Harbor yet. It's far from a perfect game and I'm sure there are people who don't like the game that much, but to act like it's an absolutely terrible game just makes me and a lot of other people dismiss your entire opinion. If you've played Fallout 3 or New Vegas, sure this one could be your least favourite out of those three, but if you liked Fallout 3 and/or New Vegas and consider FO4 outright terrible, you just have really messed up expectations, because the fundaments are still the same and without mods or forcing yourself to do anything, you'll get at least 30 hours of gameplay out of it, which is far more than most games offer these days. And if you hated Fallout 3 and New Vegas, I really don't know why you bought Fallout 4.

Stop overhyping the first two Fallouts. They had plenty of shitty storytelling as well, nostalgia goggles just tends to make people forget that. We were all a lot younger and far more impressionable back then too. You can beat the Master by pointing out something incredibly obvious, namely that Super Mutants can't procreate so they're pretty much doomed no matter what. Seriously? The Master is supposed to be hyperintelligent and can fricking move stuff with just his mind, but he never thought of that pretty obvious and important detail on his own? Face it, the Fallout storylines have -always- been full of gaping plotholes. It comes with the freedom of choice you get, because developers usually don't have time to fully flesh out every single route your character could possibly take and everyone is constantly projecting themselves onto their characters, so there's no way to please everyone. And even if you think Fallout 4 had less freedom than previous entries, you still have far more freedom than in most games.

In the end, I think Bethesda is just victim of their own high standard. Critics will praise most games if they offer singleplayer campaigns of 30 to 40 hours, but I have put more than 300 hours into both Skyrim and Fallout 4 already and I'm still playing them. Everyone has ridiculously high expectations and some people seem to forget just how unique these things are. Just look at the list of games available on the Nexus. There really aren't a lot of games on it and that's simply because 95% of games just don't support modding.

I bought The Witcher 3, according to some one of the best RPGs ever, and I got bored after about 10 hours and returned to Fallout. Doesn't mean I feel the urge to take to the forums and start telling everyone that it's s***. Reasonable people are capable of saying a game isn't their thing without having to label it "the worst ever".

I don't think you understand that what made fallout 1-2 great is how baseline tongue and cheek they were with dark humour, and emergent effects of your gameplay choices along plot lines, as the link I've posted to something I wrote earlier shows, it's not that the triune of factions is bad, it's just not quite fleshed out, and some possibliities for promising other stuff were overlooked I think

they were smaller, and rougher for sure, but the origins of a lot of the best stuff comes from there, one can hardly blame there, the games were limited in a certain sense that allowed for some very very different entire town situations that determine how you played the game in the long run in earnest

THAT, is what's so big about it, I came up with an idea to kind of bring that back, I don't know enough about modding, scripting, or anything yet to actually pull it off but I've got other people's mods in minds alongside a purely quest mod, and the suspicion that other mods will eventually bring this closer to being able to actually happen

I agree that there's a lot of great stuff in FO4 but it's that world dynamics thing that is lacking and what bothers people, you don't seem to like the witcher3's style of quests and storytelling, I think they're already going in this FO1-vegas direction with Far Harbor though so that's nice

I can't talk about FO3 or NV particularly because I haven't played them only watched playthroughs, but it seems to me like FO4 is to them what tactics is to FO1-2

FO:tactics was kind of fun, but had lots of room for tweak improvements, the general situation was well done though, they just didn't put quite enough time in to pull off the full shebang - and I have also spent more time on FO4 than any other game in my life I think except WoW or tibia, so by no means am I merely bashing the game

https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/4110840-i-accidentally-a-whole-new-storyline-for-all-kinds-of-crazy-good/

IF I get what some posters are saying - Fallout 4 could have done with a little more CHARACTER STORY and quests around them and allowed for a little more development.

I got the impression it was about the environmental storytelling, like, that quest for shen in DC, but bigger in the overall game's impact like megaton's business, or the slavers stuff in FO2

or this fellow, basically stuff where not only were there interesting characters with interesting situations, but also things that impact the later game as well in a meaningful way - the follower questlines stuff is pretty cool and a new addition AFAIK, and is really good though

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Killian_Darkwater

Edited by tartarsauce2