The giant that gets picked up in the E3 video

WolfySnackrib

Will the people that gets picked up for a ride and tossed always be so stiff? I mean there's a guard that gets fried and picked up in its mouth and thrown around like crazy. Those physics looks great, but that might be a bit animated and not ragdolled. The giant that gets picked up and dies instantly just becomes a sort of stiff ragdoll, not very realistic. Hope to hell that they fix that because stuff like that is like needles in my eyes! Ouchie ouchie! So whaddya guys think?

When you die your muscles freeze in the position you died.

So the giant looking stiff while falling was actually realistic.

I watched the part again, it is stiff while he is being picked up but not that much when falling, doesn't bother me actually.

Also that was footage from January, they probably fixed the bugs that were in the demo.

Edited by Iv000

I agree that the picked giant physics look strange but that was actually the part that made me :ohmy: I find it really impressive.

Pretty sure it's not stiff, it's just that when the dragon throws it, and the giant leaves it's mouth, it's in a certain position (the one seen in the video) and once it's in the air, there's nothing there to affect the ragdoll except gravity. Therefore it'll look stiff while it's not actually stiff.

It does look kinda stupid since there's really no way that would happen in real life (yeah, real life dragons, I said it) since the limbs would flail etc.etc.

But if they don't fix it themselves, it's probably not too hard to mod it in, even if it looked bad. Can't make it look worse, right?

Well, the giant's fall is physically possible if the dragon put no spin on the thing when it threw the giant. Try it in the CS yourself: Take a corpse and enable Havok sim when its in midair. It won't spin or anything. Try making it so it falls along an incline, then goes to freefall, and it'll spin. Unfortunately, if you judge by how the dragon threw it, it should have been sent spinning.

The part about it that bothered me is that the dragon didn't really pick the giant up, if you look closely, the giant is just floating next to the dragon's claw, but the dragon's talons aren't really wrapped around the giant.

The part about it that bothered me is that the dragon didn't really pick the giant up, if you look closely, the giant is just floating next to the dragon's claw, but the dragon's talons aren't really wrapped around the giant.

now thats being kinda nit picky imo

Aww, it's barely noticable!

It looks kinda like the giant is falling slowly, but maybe this is because it's so far away. Unless the ragdolls will have the speed limit again (which sucks).

Also the dragon lets go, and the giant just stops in mid-air and falls directly downwards. Really, it would keep going the same direction as the dragon was (unless the dragon purposely threw him backwards)