Where will the next Fallout be?

jukehero461

I lean towards a Fallout set in Florida. More of a conglomeration of the 3 major cities Tampa, Orlando and Miami. The seedy corruption of Tampa versus the Nuclear age influenced Theme Park kingdom in Orlando versus the retiree's of Miami. All surrounding the Glades. Nasty humid toxicity, someone mentioned Rad-gators (love that), an ocean influence and hurricane problem. I've yet to see the Fallout's really go all out to include weather as a gameplay element. Super Mutant Pirate possibilities, the still present influence of the confederacy. Lots of possible content here.

The only possible problem is the inevitable comparison to Dead Island. But still like the idea.

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tossing in my two caps...

i have only played FO3 and NV. but i feel a return to the midwest will happen. Chicago sounds more likely than Detroit. might be a DLC later though.

also with a 50s theme to it all. around that time detroit was a huge center for manufatureing it wasnt untill later that it went down hill. i know i am a MI native (granted i live well north of detroit) still the Great Lakes are a huge sorce of fresh water. maybe not anymore with a few well placed bombs but still.

as has been mentioned before Chicago was a rail center as well. so that is my bet.

Without meaning to be patriotic, I would love to see Fallout: London. That would be a great setting, travelling through the underground, venturing into massive apartment blocks filled with raiders... They could even have a Madame Tussauds and show famous waxwork statues of famous celebrities... Also, I'd love to see the London eye rusted in a heap, half hanging into the Thames... Oooh the possibilities... Like this is ever going to happen though :(

Without meaning to be patriotic, I would love to see Fallout: London. That would be a great setting, travelling through the underground, venturing into massive apartment blocks filled with raiders... They could even have a Madame Tussauds and show famous waxwork statues of famous celebrities... Also, I'd love to see the London eye rusted in a heap, half hanging into the Thames... Oooh the possibilities... Like this is ever going to happen though :(

So, Why aren't you working on a mod featuring your hometown? I understand it's a mammoth undertaking (I'm currently at work on putting my hometown, Boston, into the game) but if you really think it's worth doing, why not do it?

-A

from reading all of this i think they might mix it up, look at skyrim. it is huge. i think they might try to add more areas then just one. like fallout 3 was mostly downtown city / railways. and FNV. (i got board of FNV and i just ment yes man... it seemed way less fun and addicting as F03 and more lacking in storyline and plot wise thingys to do.. and i did not like not knowing who i the player was.. (same feeling with Skyrim.. but the game is fun and addictive..)

but anyway i think they might try to add a huge citys threw out the areas to explore, and also i think they might a

desert area to the map also i dont know much about the states. but if they can find 1 that give u both that be great. but i would love to go into swampland FL also but i dono if this will happen...

adding weather that has more affect on u and how u play the game would b Great... (or even if u save before something happen and come back to that save and it dont happen (its more random )

hel they might try everything all together in the areas.. since i think they are trying to see what every1 likes and dont like and the areas. so they might try a new area then from there mix areas together in DLCs or something...

well my guess is its gonna have a large city area, as much as i liked the city in FO3, i think it could of been even better, the way most of it was blocked off and although it did have lots of buildings you could go into, i wish there was more, like on the way to rivet city along the river, the only place you could go into was dukovs place, they don't all have to be in a seperate cell, i would have liked some of em just part of the same cell and area, but still enterable...i don't think we'll see desert, new vegas was pretty boring to me when it came to the actual environment. FO3 had radar stations, secret bases, power stations, lots of good citys areas to explore and stalk enemies in, parts of neighborhoods here and there, old buildings partly destroyed, new vegas did't realy have much of that it had a lot of tents and shacks and dry lake beds with nothing in em except a few ants or scorpions, i don't want to see that again, also i prefer fighting human enemies most of the time, in FO3 there were a lot of human type enemies, raiders, outcasts if you wanted, mercs, hunters, slavers, enclave, super mutants, and they patrolled the map unlike in new vegas, so you could run into those factions almost anywhere. so i'm looking forward to seeing what bethesda does with FO4.

i dont mind much about the location that batesda choose as long they do a more believeable cenario the airport on new vegas and the racing were ridiculous small. more medium sized world world would be much better then a huge world with ridicolous downscaled distances and sizes. Edited by betto212

• 1 month later...
i think next fallout should be in europe. maybe in england, netherland, germany, paris with eiffel tower still intact, poland, ukraine, chernobyl, pripyat, moscow, rome, milan, madrid, lisbon, or any major city in europe. if america i prefer frorida, miami, or new york. if africa maybe in egypt, south africa. if middle east maybe in suriah, israel, or saudi arabia. if asia i prefer in china, japan, india, or in indonesia maybe there's mutant komode exist. hawaii maybe in pearl harbour, or any island.