Heads up: New Nexus site design soon

Dark0ne

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for finally making the changes.

Hickory version is the best option. I guess this color will be applied to other parts of the site as well.

Font is readable now. Thanks for that change.

Drop down menus are scary. Stripes just don't work with anything. Please remove the stripes and apply "Hickory orange" to them.

Please keep going with these changes...

I've removed the stripes from the current design, see how they look (just imagine it with "hickory" orange :P)

I've also added a faint background to the top of a nice landscape scene from Oblivion. Not sure if I want to ruin it by added "the sword guy" to the log as well. Considering the logo is centre align rather than left aligned it'll look out of place. I tend to prefer it as it is.

Re: Cooly's images

When I look at one of his pics from today..then click his name and go to where it shows his images and files...?

Well it says something like 8K+ of comments and you can scroll through them.

Doesn't that mean they are there somewhere?

Opps NVM I looked at it wrong. That was HIS comments. Sorry!

...Guy with a sword definitely doesn't work well with that background. The background looks nice though... We will think about that some more :)...

I have an additional suggestion. It's about that central image (slideshow). It doesn't feel comfortable looking at the image and reading the text on the right at the same time. In my opinion, the text should appear from below. Pic itself should be narrower and, probably, more tall (because of the text that will appear from below).

Edited by goranga

...News comments look nice now. That's another good change...I would only give it more space to make them wider (like old nexus) and make everything bigger, like, member's image (it's too small now) etc. Edited by goranga

Now, there's a design I like! :D

Now, my only "complaint" is the dark&light grey stripe-background on the "Top Files", "Latest Files", etc. I think it would look better with only a dark grey background, or a black background as you also have some boxes with black&grey stripes. (More of a suggestion than a complaint though. ;) )

And just a thought here: How would it look if the "Top Files" "Latest Files" and "Latest News" were in between the Hot file section and the news section? The reason I'm asking this is because if that was done, the news section could use the while width, instead of using only 2/3 of it.

Or reduce the width of the hot files section, and place the 3 boxes on the side of that, which should also make it possible to have the news section use the whole width.

@goranga

Clear your webcache.

@Dark0ne

Thanks for the changes!

Though I agree with gorange one the slideshow, I would also like the pictures to show full, resize smaller if you must, and slow down the time before it goes to the next mod. Would appreciate it! :)