Heads up: New Nexus site design soon

Dark0ne

I pity Dark0ne, he must be getting so many "I hate the new design" mails right now :unsure: .

Random Topic:

Ninjas :ninja:

vs

Pirates :pirate:

:ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :pirate: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja:

I guess we know the outcome huh :laugh: ?

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MY EYES! OH MY GOD! THEY THREW UP?! IS THIS EVEN POSSIBLE?!

But seriously, please don't move the interface to that, or I'll go insane from the large amount of ugly. This one is awesome, please don't change it to... That monstrosity.

...But as a community we need to be supportive and understanding. We don't live in the past, things change everywhere so do what you have to do and we'll be around to see what happends.

Yes if we are talking about change from Oblivion to Skyrim, Push. Graphics is better, animations are better...The whole experience playing Skyrim will be probably better than playing Oblivion. I don't think that anyone doubts that this change will be good. I can even take freedom to predict that this Oblivion community will move to Skyrim - willingly, not because it is forced upon them.

Can anyone pick only ONE thing that is better in this new site than in the old one, except that it's able to support more members? If we can't find even a single thing, then the price for this change is probably way too high. The sad thing is it doesn't have to be that way. I don't want to believe that some tremendous amount of effort is put to make that new thing (design wise). It looks completely generic.

Robin said that his knowledge has some limitations and that he believes that someone else is able to make something better. The only limitations that can be noticed are with that new site. Refund is the word that pops in my mind. Get your refund and take things into your own hands.

Can anyone pick only ONE thing that is better in this new site than in the old one, except that it's able to support more members?

1. It's easier to navigate
  2. It looks better.

:)

1. The top 100 mads now have an image in front of each one. This is VERY helpful for me, since I like to see what some thing is about before I go through each mod page.

2. Am I the only one who DOES like the new colors? :unsure: This is progress people^^.

These two screenshots should tell the tale..

New site in FireFox 5

http://img691.imageshack.us/img691/6899/screenshotnkq.png

I use Firefox 5 and I can see preview images. Maybe you're running some add-on that blocks them?

Just ran FireFox in safe mode (meaning no mods activated and default theme) and still does not show preview images for me where I pointed them out in the screenshot. Maybe it's not supposed to, but after you saying you can see them, I don't know.

Edited by obmike

New site in FireFox 5

http://img691.images...reenshotnkq.png

I use Firefox 5 and I can see preview images. Maybe you're running some add-on that blocks them?

You cannot see preview images where that posted image says 'previews'. Another case of bad design. What that page is showing is the category list for 'Armour'. The 'Preview' link is actually a hypertext link that brings up a window with the 'Full Description' of the mod. Very confusing, to say the least.

New site in FireFox 5

http://img691.images...reenshotnkq.png

You cannot see preview images where that posted image says 'previews'. Another case of bad design. What that page is showing is the category list for 'Armour'. The 'Preview' link is actually a hypertext link that brings up a window with the 'Full Description' of the mod. Very confusing, to say the least.

I agree, I would like to see something like this. Notice the "Full Description" Link. You could use that to expand the DIV vertically which allows you to see the rest of the description without leaving the page. Clicking on the image would use the lightbox effect that you currently have on the page but instead of opening the full description it just shows the full size of the preview image. Just a thought.

http://img842.imageshack.us/img842/9738/screenshotovz.png