Heads up: New Nexus site design soon

Dark0ne

@xxXEvandarXxx

Thats odd. I just downloaded the latest version of Google Chrome and the there are no preview images using that browser as well. I can see from your screenshot they should be there and I check the source of the page with FireBug and the code for the image is there but the image is not. Again I tested in Frefox with and without any sort of addons enabled in and with the latest version of Google Chrome, same result.

<div class="file-image"> </div>

Edited by obmike

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You cannot see preview images where that posted image says 'previews'. Another case of bad design. What that page is showing is the category list for 'Armour'. The 'Preview' link is actually a hypertext link that brings up a window with the 'Full Description' of the mod. Very confusing, to say the least.

I don't know if you mean that preview images are not on the right side of the short description, or that there are no images at all, but there are preview images:

First, go back to the original image posted by 'obmike'. Now re-read my reply.

Aha so you want the preview images to be on the right side of the file description! I get it now http://www.thenexusforums.com/public/style_emoticons/dark/laugh.gif Good thinking! http://www.thenexusforums.com/public/style_emoticons/dark/thumbsup.gif

@xxXEvandarXxx

Thats odd. I just downloaded the latest version of Google Chrome and the there are no preview images using that browser as well. I can see from your screenshot they should be there and I check the source of the page with FireBug and the code for the image is there but the image is not. Again I tested in Frefox with and without any sort of addons enabled in and with the latest version of Google Chrome, same result.

Maybe it's an issue with the browser cache? I have no idea really, I don't know how this stuff works... http://www.thenexusforums.com/public/style_emoticons/dark/unsure.gif

Edited by xxXEvandarXxx

Aha so you want the preview images to be on the right side of the file description! I get it now http://www.thenexusforums.com/public/style_emoticons/dark/laugh.gif Good thinking! http://www.thenexusforums.com/public/style_emoticons/dark/thumbsup.gif

@xxXEvandarXxx

Maybe it's an issue with the browser cache? I have no idea really, I don't know how this stuff works... http://www.thenexusforums.com/public/style_emoticons/dark/unsure.gif

Not a cache issue, I never had Chrome on my machine until I just now downloaded it for this test. I wanted to make sure it was not just a firefox issue. Anyway, I don't think it will be a tough fix since the code is there, just need to do a small amount of bug hunting around the lines of code that are supposed to display those images. It could be something as simple as a missing html tag or a missing semicolon in the style sheet.

Obmike

I truly don't understand why Dark0ne hate's the current design, I find it extremely easy to navigate, (with this new one, I find it to cluttered and hard to navigate) the colours don't burn my eyes into a raisin, this new site feels like I'm in a blog, (I really don't care for blogs, they've never interested me) I don't like how it doesn't fit my monitor size like the current design does, and some other reasons but I forgot them. :P Please, at least give us an option to choose between the current and new design, as I probably will stop coming to this site if I can't choose between them. To sum it all up: To me, the new design looks like a downgrade from the current design.

I truly don't understand why Dark0ne hate's the current design, I find it extremely easy to navigate, (with this new one, I find it to cluttered and hard to navigate) the colours don't burn my eyes into a raisin, this new site feels like I'm in a blog, (I really don't care for blogs, they've never interested me) I don't like how it doesn't fit my monitor size like the current design does, and some other reasons but I forgot them. :P Please, at least give us an option to choose between the current and new design, as I probably will stop coming to this site if I can't choose between them. To sum it all up: To me, the new design looks like a downgrade from the current design.

In Dark0ne's defense, I have to say that managing multiple themes for one website is a PITA to do from a web designer / coders standpoint. You have to do everything twice (or more depending on how many themes you have) You have to make sure each theme works in all the major browsers being used out there (not a simply task in itself) You have to create separate image files for each theme. I do not know if the new website is based off the same code the current version is running from (ie. the Nexus Engine) but if it's not then you would also have the added disadvantage of maintaining two separate backend systems to make sure each theme contains the same information. There are probably more reasons why Dark0ne chose to trash the current theme (sloppy code maybe :P) but I would probably do the same thing if I were in their shoes.

That being said, I think you might want to consider some of the suggestions pointed out in this topic and postpone the opening of the new site until you have all the issues ironed out, but that's just me.

Obmike.

hmmm...

the new design looks a little too... uh...

it's not like the nexus anymore...

all these fancy bright colors

they don't seem to hurt your eyes on old tube monitor, however after 5 minutes your eyes are so red that your vision blurs Dx

on LCD monitor, it does seem like you are going to hurt your eyes, but you stand watching the colors for hours and nothing happens >_<

preview pics do show up for me, but didn't show up for my uncle, he uses google chrome, i use firefox...

ads really do show up over the drop-down menus, but most of the times not...

i think the half preview image is on purpose, but...

oh, and on my other LED monitor, the colors on these big, unnecessary orange bars, or yellow, whatever, change colors...

every time they are in the lower half of the screen they look almost red, on center they look orange-yellow, and on top they look blue-green...

using resolution 1680x1050 on both lcd and led screen, 100Hz

using 1280x1024 on tube monitor, 60Hz

well...

the new nexus design obviously has a lot of problems, but let's hope these get sorted before the new design gets finished 100% and overwrites the good old nexus...

but really, what's bugging the most is the big colorful buttons and bars...

i know ppl who are a bit colorblind or have intolerance to these colors, lol

my only request is that they make these bars smaller and give back the plain old orange look from nexus

oh, and the browser variation problems...

that's what happens to people that doesn't use firefox(latest) XD

also chat button shows 999

and when you scroll to the end of the page you see chat link displaying about 16 users

oh well...

Dark0ne should make a backup of the old nexus and store it in a portable disk drive, then store in in a safe and hide it in another dimension

just to be sure ;)

I like the color scheme and such, but I don't like how file finding/browsing isn't as prominent on the main page... Like you can't search files by category and to view, the various listing pages you have to navigate a menu instead of just clicking a link.

I like the look basically but white text on top of yellow is difficult to read, I like the yellow so maybe have that text one of the grays your already using. Also the 1st page, lastpage, nextpage and last page buttons while navigating the search pages would be handy if they appeared both above the search results and also below the results. Looking good otherwise!