The tall tales & tragedies of the Chattering Scroll Inn

myrmaad

• Replies 893
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

a drink if you will, she said without taking her eyes from her mirror, "you dont expect me to get my own do you?"

Ellundil stood dumbfounded for a moment, "Err... right on the way, malady," and with that he was gone.

Now, standing before the barkeep he ordered, "Two be- fou- make that eight beers and a bottle of brandy, I think I'm gonna need it."

The barkeep put it all on a tray, then Ellundil used a bit of petty magic to float it over to the table where the "mysterious woman" sat.

Ellundil, now getting back his grounds, gave her a kind glance and asked, "And what might your name be?"

"my name honey?" "well now my sweet that will cost you but for now call me whatever you see fit most who meet me never get the chance of a civil conversation", still not taking her eyes off the mirror, "now dont try that petty magic with me if you think floating will woo me your out of luck", noticing his runes she asked "my my where did you get them from" Edited by mythicdawnmaster

Her rosy lips twisting upward into a smile, Reona stood at the threshold and watched, the frame of the door resting between her shoulder blades. A quick thought ran through her head, and her smile faded as she closed her mind to all but herself and Arva, Everyone is sort of... paired up now.

Yes, so it seems, Arva commented, Have we... paired up... as well?

A girlish thrill ran through her body for a moment, her skin flushing. She'd never thought of Arva as her betrothed before now, even when it was first revealed to her. Allowing her hair to veil her face, she nodded slowly, Since birth, white Angel. It is only now that we acknowledge it.

The mental image he'd projected to her had a new expression, one she'd never even seen him make when he was alive. His downcast coral eyes didn't meet hers, his lean body slightly slouched over, and his pale lips slightly parted as if he were contemplating a difficult thought. He looked... defeated. It was a difficult visage for her to look upon. After a long pause, he said simply, I'm sorry that I had to die and leave you alone. We're together, but we couldn't be farther apart right now...

Kalin stared dumb-founded after Ellundil and the strange woman. "Un-freaking-believable," he muttered, shaking his head. "Poor Ellundil. I can already tell he's bitten off more than he can chew with whoever that woman is." Kalin saw the red tint on Reona's cheeks as she watched the couple walk back into the inn. Oh dear, he thought, guessing what was on the elf-maiden's mind, no stranger to the sensations probably twisting there. "Reona," he said, "you can go back inside if you like. Rhaine and I can handle our other guest. Besides," the elan added with a chuckle, "Someone should watch over our poor friend, see if he's not over-powered by those "feminine charms" yet, if not already."

He turned and faced Rhaine, giving an all-too-familiar sigh. "Things just keep getting more and more complicated, don't they? Well, enough wasting time. Let's say hello to our dark-skinned elf." And Kalin took a step forward in a peaceful fashion, looking at the Drow called Kismet, waiting for her or the priestess to speak first...

Rhaine had observed the behavior of the strange woman with unease. The newcomer's words implied that she herself had caused the Legion to shut down the road...the actions of a rogue bandit. Was she, then, part of the Black Troll Boys? Her interest in Reona's note to the barkeep was also disturbing - and how she even knew of such things was significant cause for alarm. Furthermore, she gave off a strange aura that was familiar, yet Rhaine could not put a finger on it. The Doomguide tensed as Ellundil seemed to fall right for the woman's charms. Yet, Rhaine felt that the Drow was more of an immediate threat, and so she let the Altmer take care of himself, keeping her green gaze riveted upon the dark elf.

The Drow had yet to respond to her greeting. She cast a warning thought to Kalin, Careful...

Reona smiled at Kalin and said with a wink, "I'll go see how those 'feminine charms' are working out for those two."

You've gotten better at hiding your feelings, I see, Arva noted, smiling sadly, as if he'd gotten an arrow to the heart.

I suppose I've learned to control a lot of things lately. And don't apologize for dying. I murdered you, after all, she thought with a humorless laugh, walking over to Ellundil and the woman. She smiled warmly and sat at the table next to Ellundil and the woman, "Hope you don't mind. The others have some business to attend to outside."

Edited by tokyobleach

"not at all little one" "now tell me honey wear did you get that sword? it is... familiar"

still not taking her eyes off her mirror she said, "funny this little situation is it not, and honey don't worry i dont plan on making a couple of ellundil and myself." "what? surprised that i can read your thought's?" "most are, now tell me something of yourself little one"

her eyes glowed with a soft glow but in the dark of the room it was clearly noticeable that she was not normal. she stared at reona's sword not taking her glowing eyes from it's blade.