The tall tales & tragedies of the Chattering Scroll Inn

myrmaad

"not at all little one" "now tell me honey wear did you get that sword? it is... familiar"

still not taking her eyes off her mirror she said, "funny this little situation is it not, and honey don't worry i dont plan on making a couple of ellundil and myself." "what? surprised that i can read your thought's?" "most are, now tell me something of yourself little one"

her eyes glowed with a soft glow but in the dark of the room it was clearly noticeable that she was not normal. she stared at reona's sword not taking her glowing eyes from it's blade.

Ellundil saw that Reona was becoming more and more uncomfortable, so he bust in answering the "mysterious woman's" question;

"My, as you say, runes, were formed purely off of my emotions. Being the magical entity that I am, I was beginning to lose control of my power, I saw the danger it caused. I could destroy forests, towns, castles, mountains, and one day, it just so happened I did. That's a chapter left for later times, however."

Ellundil was surprisingly calm and relax, and you could tell by the way he had gone through five beers, and four decent swigs of brandy, that he was having a simply awful time.

• Replies 893
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"ohh this is rich", she said taking a small sip from her glass of brandy "if only i had found you 700 years ago...." "now" she said with a sudden urgency in her voice "where is that sword from!" "you both answer my questions and you will get my name" she said calmly and clearly her eyes sparkling brightly in the dark, "oh and i will tell you exactly who i am and why i am here" in this moment she looked sinister almost scary in the dark corner of the inn... Edited by mythicdawnmaster

Rhaine was too focused upon the Drow approaching them to pay heed to to her companions' playful words. She was unsure how the dark elf would take to her familiar greeting, and she prayed that Kismet would not react in hostility - she knew instinctively that the Drow could easily slay the unarmored Reona in milliseconds if she so chose. Rhaine's narrowed emerald eyes never left the stranger elf as she drew nearer and nearer. Thanatos began to shift uneasily from one hoof to the other as he sensed his mistress's anxiousness.

Hands sliding slowly over the hilts of her daggers were the only sign from the Drow who otherwise stood as still as stone. Kismet's internal surprise and fear caused her heart to begin to race at the sound of her mother language falling too easily of the woman's lips.

Looking out from her shadowed hood, Kismet narrowed her gaze at the speaker, her red eyes perhaps flashing a moment green. The Drow then moved slowly forward, like a predatory cat with grace and giving off a feeling that at any moment the increasing tension would explode into a frenzy.

Stopping several feet before the group, Kismet assumed the priestly greeting stance adopted by many travelers to indicate they were peaceful. Bowing slightly but eyes never leaving the woman who spoke, Kismet's voice came from within the darkened hood.

"I am sorry, Muthsera. I do not understand you. I speak only common and Dunmer."

Reona placed her sword on the table and looked down at it somberly, "The sword's story is not my own to tell, but his."

Arva untied his white-blond hair from its loose ponytail and tied it back in place, thinking. His expression still dark and depressed, he said, The sword has been passed down from father to son in my family for several generations. The runes say Soulstealer in an ancient language forgotten by time long ago, as my parents told me shortly before their demise. True to its name, it can steal souls from people if the owner wishes, and if they are killed under certain conditions. As we speak, it holds my own soul, as I was killed to end my suffering some months ago by my betrothed, Reona. Its sheath was lost a while ago, unfortunately, making it quite difficult for Reona to both fight and carry it with her.

"I fight with both the sword and sheath, you see," Reona said, then smirked and added, And I can also read your mind, although I do block out everything but others' emotions most of the time. My abilities have grown stronger lately, and I am able to break through even the strongest mental defenses.

"my my dear one said the woman, it has been a long time since i met another mind reader." she gazed at the sword "i knew i recognized the sword, in fact i was there upon it's first test run... me being the one to be killed, it has a sharp edge, and a dangerous bite" "my attacker was killed by your ancestor who swore to keep the sword from harming innocent's" "and he passed it down ever since..." Edited by mythicdawnmaster

Her eyes widened, and she concealed her shock with a quick joke and a laugh, "You certainly look good for your age, then. As for my sheath, I'd love to have some help in looking for it, since you've offered."

Arva looked at the woman with a serious expression, So you mean to say that you died, and were killed by the very blade that sits before you? Does this mean that the sword holds even more secrets than we thought? He rambled on, mumbling to himself.

well then call me.... umm now what was my name ah yes "selene call me selene" as for my age, selene smiled a toothy smile showing two large fang's "that my dear is why i look so good" and as for your sheath... it is close i can sense it. now if you dont mind im off too speak with the barkeep he and i have some... business to attend" Edited by mythicdawnmaster