Transgender Our rights as opposed to those who look the part.

kvnchrist

HHhhhmmm.... So, Universities will be forced to allow folks to use the bathroom of their Gender Identity, but, government buildings will not? How does that make any sense?

I still see this as the rights of a TINY minority, trumping the rights of the vast majority. I have a real problem with that. As I see it, there is no 'fix' for this. Someones rights are going to be abridged. I would REALLY like to know what reasoning anyone can apply to this situation...... Why is it, that trans folks 'rights' seem to be more important than EVERYONE else?

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're missing the point. It's not about numbers, it's about enforcement. You're invited to try an answer my previous question, which nobody else has yet: Under what circumstance is this new law enforceable?

No enforcement provision even exists in the law, it therefore has no practical purpose other than to legally harrass a specific minority of law-abiding Americans. No need to take my word for this, simply watch what happens (and has already happened) in our courts.

It isn't really a 'Trans' law... It is more about personal identity. There are no real rights being violated... other than the 'right' not share a public space with certain members of the public. When saying the 'vast' majority, who exactly are we talking about as this cannot be so easily assumed.

You're missing the point. It's not about numbers, it's about enforcement. You're invited to try an answer my previous question, which nobody else has yet: Under what circumstance is this new law enforceable?

No enforcement provision even exists in the law, it therefore has no practical purpose other than to legally harrass a specific minority of law-abiding Americans. No need to take my word for this, simply watch what happens (and has already happened) in our courts.

Is it harassing a tiny group? Or, is it protecting a much larger group?

Our larger group is already protected, by myriad sexual assault, sexual harrassment and other laws. NC's law is for the convenience of the majority, not their protection.

I think that's a matter of perspective. Personally, I don't want my granddaughter asking my why that 'lady' over there has somethin' swingin' between her legs. Nor do I want some perv/pedo using it as a cover, so he can go into the girls bathroom and get his rocks off.

In all reality, in many ways, I agree with the law, use the bathroom for the physical sexual characteristics that you have. If you have the twig and berries, use the mens/boys room. Why is that so hard for people to get?

Thew only workable solution to this entire thing is that the government provide the surgeries that will alter the body to fit the bathrooms that Transgender people want to use. If they are going to push it, then they need to provide the money to let it happen and not force undue stress on society. I've been transgender for well over 50 years and I'm comfortable in mens restrooms and I darn sure don't get elated by stepping into the ladies room.

If there are some who will fall apart if they can't use a specific restroom, then they need more help than a bathroom will give.

HeyYou, imo you have a real knack for typing but not reading.

Our larger group is already protected, by myriad sexual assault, sexual harrassment and other laws. NC's law is for the convenience of the majority, not their protection.

I think that's a matter of perspective. Personally, I don't want my granddaughter asking my why that 'lady' over there has somethin' swingin' between her legs. Nor do I want some perv/pedo using it as a cover, so he can go into the girls bathroom and get his rocks off.

In all reality, in many ways, I agree with the law, use the bathroom for the physical sexual characteristics that you have. If you have the twig and berries, use the mens/boys room. Why is that so hard for people to get?

If the choice is between explaining the facts of life to kids, or forcing many or most transgenders to embarrass themselves in public restrooms, imo NC's law has no chance of surviving legal challenges. It's already partially failed its first test.

As for public sex and assault etc, as mentioned, dozens and probably hundreds of state and federal laws already prohibit these activities. Also as mentioned, no protection is afforded to the public by NC's law because no enforcement provisions are contained in it. Enforcement is therefore impossible (surprise surprise) and I doubt the state is planning to install birth certificate nannies in all public restrooms. So NC's law amounts to legal harrassment for transgenders and nothing else.

HeyYou, imo you have a real knack for typing but not reading.

If the choice is between explaining the facts of life to kids, or forcing many or most transgenders to embarrass themselves in public restrooms, imo NC's law has no chance of surviving legal challenges. It's already partially failed its first test.

As for public sex and assault etc, as mentioned, dozens and probably hundreds of state and federal laws already prohibit these activities. Also as mentioned, no protection is afforded to the public by NC's law because no enforcement provisions are contained in it. Enforcement is therefore impossible (surprise surprise) and I doubt the state is planning to install birth certificate nannies in all public restrooms. So NC's law amounts to legal harrassment for transgenders and nothing else.

If larger groups are ostensibly already protected, why are folks rights being violated by having some perv/pedo in the wrong restroom?

I don't recall reading anywhere you have a right to not be embarrassed. If you are male, use the men's room. That is what it is for.

I am seriously tired of society pandering to the least common denominator. If you are uncomfortable with the equipment you were born with, don't use a public restroom. There is zero reason to put everyone else in an uncomfortable position, because someone has delusions of being the other sex. We have become far to politically correct for our own good. I think the world will be a much better place when our society finally implodes on itself from such idiotic behavior.