ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

Why no Marrige mod?

irichey25

I downloaded Willow recently and it looks awesome although I don't know if you can marry her yet as I haven't gotten that far but it looks really awesome and the one who made the mod made her really cute unlike some female companions i've seen done before so that's a big plus...

You and Willow can become a couple, depending on how you treat her. You cannot marry her, however. The marriage mod has been requested a lot of people so far, myself included. It would require a lot of work, as all mods do. If I could mod, I would make it. I'm still learning how to retexture an item in-game. Still haven't figured out how to extract the darn textures. XD So I'm still a newbie yet.

I'll tell you though, this mod would gain a lot of endorsements REALLY fast.

yo u extract textures using bsa browser in fomm. next step 4 u is to install nifskope! (mesh changes) :happy: youtube tutorials man, youtube tutorials. if it werent 4 them weed all be noobs

• 1 year later...

The only reason Willow is a popular is because guys need a doll to put all those Type 3 armors on. Her character in reality is as interesting as the dust on my dresser.

Amen. I'm sick and tired of all these female followers who are cute and sexy, but we get sh*t all for male followers. Talk about sexism. Point out one GOOD male follower thats cute or hot or sexy or at least has a good voice actor/story line. You won't find one. What I want is a male Willow. Not one thats dull but one that has as many options as her. You know, going on quests for her, finding stuff for her...

Anyways back on the topic at hand. Skyrim has marrige, why not Fallout? And in older Fallout games I heard you could marry people. Like FO2. And in FO3 there was those two characters in Rivet CIty who got hitched. So obviously there is some idea of marrige in the Fallout world. I think it was lazyness on Bethesda's part not to include the option to marry.

Like the OP said we have sex mods with all this scripting, but no one is working on a marrige mod? But given what a lot of the mods are on here...I think I can safely say that most of the community is made up of sex starved teenage boys and men, who haven't gotten laid and need to use a mod to get some action. Prove me wrong.

To be entirely fair, there aren't really any female companions who are as awesome as Willow, either, aside from the lady herself. There's a reason she's the second-most endorsed mod on the Nexus.

Willow is a great character and is NOT a doll to be dressed up, unless you cheat she can not even be dressed up till later in the mod. Llama is a great person, she is kind and helpful to all who want to learn companion making and created a wonderful breathing companion. I wish all female companions on any game where as tastefully done and implemented as Willow or Vilja.

As for male companions try Niner, he is what I consider a amazing Fallout male companion. No he is not cutesy, or feminine but a real wasteland companion with almost as much content as Willow.

Personally if you want to talk about shallow stuff then Skyrim marriages is the way to go, I mean really... "Look at me I am wearing a amulet, lets go get married even through I know next to nothing about you... Sure sounds great!" I would rather they not even included marriage in Skyrim if thats how it was going to turn out.

Suppose the issue with marriage for a game is unless its for a specific NPC its going to be super generic, which to me is pointless to even have then. Straight male PCs and lesbian female PCs will be able to marry Willow in future updates, and as for straight female PCs and gay male PCs well I would prefer a romance with Niner (who will romance both) even without marriage over a Skyrim like marriage mod.

The marriage in Skyrim is a joke, marry a stranger, then just pop home once in a while to sell him/her your garbage and tell them to cook something. If the designers at Bethesda think that's what marriage is then they need some serious counselling.

The only reason Willow is a popular is because guys need a doll to put all those Type 3 armors on. Her character in reality is as interesting as the dust on my dresser.

Amen. I'm sick and tired of all these female followers who are cute and sexy, but we get sh*t all for male followers. Talk about sexism. Point out one GOOD male follower thats cute or hot or sexy or at least has a good voice actor/story line. You won't find one. What I want is a male Willow. Not one thats dull but one that has as many options as her. You know, going on quests for her, finding stuff for her...

Anyways back on the topic at hand. Skyrim has marrige, why not Fallout? And in older Fallout games I heard you could marry people. Like FO2. And in FO3 there was those two characters in Rivet CIty who got hitched. So obviously there is some idea of marrige in the Fallout world. I think it was lazyness on Bethesda's part not to include the option to marry.

Like the OP said we have sex mods with all this scripting, but no one is working on a marrige mod? But given what a lot of the mods are on here...I think I can safely say that most of the community is made up of sex starved teenage boys and men, who haven't gotten laid and need to use a mod to get some action. Prove me wrong.

http://fallout.bethsoft.com/eng/downloads/geck.php problem solved, learning to do things for yourself is preferable to insulting people because they don't make what you want.

"Women can do anything!" (Except Rocket Science)

Well, time to get into modding yourself and prove it, it's not rocket science :)

Edited by ozziefire

"Women can do anything!" (Except Rocket Science)

Well, time to get into modding yourself and prove it, it's not rocket science :)

=.=....I do mod. I just can't script, or make models. I can texture, I can use the geck...I can make rooms and fill them with clutter...so on and so forth. I can script some simple things like, go up to something, hit e, get an item.

And I stand by my statement that Willow is DULL. She just is. I tried the mod and found it lacked story. I don't mean to be rude but that's my view.