Fear is natural...Right?

RavveN

In real life fear is self-preservation. If we didn't fear we would all be injured or dead

Example

Bob: go and catch that 20 ft. Man eating python

Fearless: ok

20 seconds later

Fearless: my arm is stuck in it's mouth.

In truth video games do make you scared sometimes but you have the choice to fear the or not to. Yes I have been scared of some games before, but everyone has there opinion.

Thanks for all your responses guys and i am gonna try to answer all of those answers now :D

The first advice i saw is that of trying to get angry at them yea i tried that didn't helped... Mostly because of their sound when they literally jump at me cuz they are f***ing huge and look like eels really giant eels so i am kinda grosed out when they jump and i like all go aaaaaaaaghhhh gahhhhhhhh f*** :S But when im in a car and stomping on them.........f*** THAT......." You dead...You dead!....And you dead! " :D The biggest problem here is that game is 1st person and thats why i am getting so grosed out ... I mean i saw ugly things in wow too like that giant larvas but i just put my camera far from character and i can kill it.....Sooooo i dk i am gonna try and overcome my fear with pscyhiatrist :D

Scythids became more of an annoyance for me at higher levels...

Although, it is oddly satisfying to see them go "pop!" after you show them the business end of a shotgun... :rolleyes:

Mr. Shotty > Scythid :D

Edited by IndorilTheGreat

For my friends birthday we were all playing Amnesia and making jokes and such not paying that much attention to the game which made it not scary at all. :P

Generaly speaking the best way to deal with a fear is to confront it head on.

Zoos are a good way to do this, some petshops as well, get to know bugs and things, and analyse your fear.

I used to be absolutely petrified of spiders. SO what I did was to learn about spiders: how they work, what types are what, and most of all, how they behave, It took away literaly the entire fear, and while I am wary of them, I dont fear them.

http://i1228.photobucket.com/albums/ee454/Vindekarr/711px-Brachypelma_edit.jpg

I used to be petrified of these, then I learned that more people are killed by lightning every year than spiders, and that out of over 6 million species, only 5 species have ever been confirmed to have killed someone. And the big hairy ones are a blessing, not a curse, they eat cockroaches/moths/fruitflies so if you have one around, you dont need to spray chemicals everywhere. They're like a living can of Raid!

Hmmm...You made me realise something!

" If you can't defeat them... Join them..."

I can start thinking that bugs,eels,snailes (srry for english) not my enemies, but my friends.Helping me lvl up in games by killing them, in real life to thank them for eating all those little pests and try to reason with them and live with them cuz they are a part of a world. :)

-RavveN-

Hmmm...You made me realise something!

" If you can't defeat them... Join them..."

I can start thinking that bugs,eels,snailes (srry for english) not my enemies, but my friends.Helping me lvl up in games by killing them, in real life to thank them for eating all those little pests and try to reason with them and live with them cuz they are a part of a world. :)

-RavveN-

It depends a bit on where you live-in Australia and Brazil there's a few species of Spider that are genuinely dangerous, but those are easy to recognise-Black Widows have a huge black stripe down their back, Banana Spiders have yellow-brown bodies and reddish fang-armour(Chelicerae, they're the things between the set of Forelimbs(pedipalps) on the image I posted) and both can be avoided by not sticking your hand under old tyres, plant pots, and other outdoor furniture with a small, and very dark gap under them(Black Widows) or not going to Brazil (Banana Spider)

The vast majority of scary spiders are totaly harmless:

Wolf Spiders are greyish mottled brown and scitter about on hairy, thickish legs. These are probably the best natural pest control around for killing roaches, which are their natural prey. These are found globaly, and while their venom isn't powerful enough to harm even a small pet mammal, they rarely use it, instead preffering to simply flee, something they're notoriously good at, being able to run incredibly fast and slip through tiny gaps. They also have incredible vision, better than a human's especialy so after dark due to their large, catlike eyes.

http://i1228.photobucket.com/albums/ee454/Vindekarr/800px-Wolf_spider_focus_bracket02.jpg

Wolf Spider: Eyes of a hawk, speed of a cheetah, fangs of a tiger.

Orb-Weavers are also found globaly (also very very common) and are an excellent way to look after and foster an Organic garden. Docile, gentle creatures that spend their life in their yellow-tinted webs which typicaly are built in areas with high airflow and a chokepoint. They feed on flies, moths, and other flying insects. Their venom is fairly potent, but they don't bite, and are extremely timid and easily frightened. They are also virtualy blind.

http://i1228.photobucket.com/albums/ee454/Vindekarr/400px-Golden_Orb_Weaver.jpg

Golden Orb Spider, the gardener's best friend.

Jumping Spiders are my favorite genus, and are the most common variety of spider in the world. These tiny, fingernail sized, brightly colourful little darlings are bold, curious, and very fast moving, but also a little mischevious. Capable as well a as cute, these like Wolf Spiders don't make webs, instead hunting around for prey. They are very fast, have eyesight about equal to a human or better, and when prey is sighted, they perform massive, flea-like leaps to pounce onto it. They also eat fruitflies. Gentle, totaly harmless, and genuinely indearing.

http://i1228.photobucket.com/albums/ee454/Vindekarr/800px-California_Phidippus.jpg

A massiely magnified view of an Adumbratis Jumping Spider, in real life it would be about the size of your finger nail or smaller. They're hardly camerashy, it's one of the defining characteristics of these spiders that they're curious, and tend to like to take a long look at something when they see it.

They are also famous for being smart, the world's smartest spider, Potia Fimbriata comes from this genus, a spider known for using tools and adapting stratergy on trial and error to best tackle it's foe based on a vast ability to remember tactics and stratergies that it might employ. Also known to observe new prey types before engaging, sometimes for hours.

Edited by Vindekarr

Hey guys'n'girls!

I was playing borderlands this week and i saw something quite disturbing in it (for me) its so called Scythids or something like that those creatures that crawl and s*** :S

And hehe...I am fu**ing afraid of them i mean...Really afraid of them i hate snails,bugs etc. so i dont know what to do...I cant do some missions when they attack me i can't even look at them i mean and i dont know what to do! If anyone has a suggestion what to do except "play another game" then please write it down here... Thanks!

-RavveN-

LOL those purple like creatues how can you be afraid of them, unless your fighting crawremax you have every right to be scared xd :biggrin:

Its probablty the hardest boss ever conceived

Pssh Crawmerax is easy. All you gotta do is hit his weak points and he goes down fast. (lolcrab)

OT: Scythids? Those four legged spider thingies? Lol? I don't remember them.... Only monster/humanoid that ever kinda made me jump were the Psycho's. Stupid throwning axes that deal a lot of damage... And badass ones are worse. Even more so on play through 2+.

If they really scare you that much just get a hellfire SMG and burn em to death. always works for me.