What Engine should the next Fallout be made on?

huntsman2310a

18 members have voted

1. 1. what should the next Fallout game be on?

• X-ray (STALKER, Clear Sky and Call Of Pripyat)
    • Creation (Skyrim)
    • Id Tech 5 (RAGE)

Basically I had a thought process (very rare for me) and decided to act on it.

By all means, in your post or choice could you include a practical or just cool reason why you want it in that engine.

To start off here are my reasons for all of the above.

1. X-ray engine- can be used to have a perfect atmosphere, can make the mutants truly scary, AI is much better.

2. Creation engine - Dialogue is better, combat much better, can travel anywhere, always something to do.

3. Id tech 5 - Post Apocalyptic death machines, unpredictable enemies and make-your-own weapons.

there we are.

Edited by huntsman2310a

Basically I had a thought process (very rare for me) and decided to act on it.

By all means, in your post or choice could you include a practical or just cool reason why you want it in that engine.

To start off here are my reasons for all of the above.

1. X-ray engine- can be used to have a perfect atmosphere, can make the mutants truly scary, AI is much better.

2. Creation engine - Dialogue is better, combat much better, can travel anywhere, always something to do.

3. Id tech 5 - Post Apocalyptic death machines, unpredictable enemies and make-your-own weapons.

there we are.

Co-Op or multiplayer option with dual weapons and more animation freedom would be nice if we are going to the trouble of changing engines, otherwise might as well stay with the current so current Assets, Meshes & Mods can be used & updated to suit.

And it has to have a GECK at least as good as the current one, preferably better of course, I'm not voting because I know absolutely nothing about any of the engines mentioned :)

Edited by ozziefire

Network capabilities, coop with up to 3 other people.

Yeah, i saw that demonstration yesterday :) but somehow i remain a bit sceptical about their claims..

Still, if they can build a game on this and show that off at a gaming convention, they will definitely make other developers look stupid. So , like i said, i'm a bit skeptical about it. But also damned curious! :P

Well engine doesn't decide the entirety of the game.

Consider Bully vs Fallout 3. Both on the same engine, but radically different experiences!

Personally I'd prefer they'd stick to gamebryo (or creation engine lol whatever). It ain't a bad engine at all, and it's so easy to mod! And they're getting pretty good at using it, right?

Edited by Ultimatepurge

alright since no-one has really tried to make a practical reason for their Engine choice apart from "Skyrim has it, therefore the next Fallout will" and "co-op with up to three people" (which doesn't tell enough info)

I will make a list of features that the games on each engine has.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

S.T.A.L.K.E.R X RAY ENGINE

-Great AI for the creatures and mutants (pack mentality for dogs, Bloodsuckers will flank and slash)

-Fairly good weapon modding (Call Of Pripyat specifically)

-Enviromental Hazards (Radiation, Anomalies)

-Realistic weapon characteristics (Bullet Drop, Range, physics)

- Fantastic Atmosphere (The sounds, effects, overall tension)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RAGE ID TECH 5

From what has been seen so far

-Great weapons and ammo types (Crossbow has electric bolts and mind control darts)

-Vehicular combat and exploration

-Varied enemies

-Again, good AI for the enemy

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

ELDER SCROLLS V: SKYRIM Creation Engine

-can go anywhere (up the mountains through ruins etc)

-Dual wielding!

- Improved UI

- Radiant Story and Radiant AI

- non-fugly npcs

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------