With everything happening recently... do you wonder?

Saraane

28 members have voted

1. 1. Well, what do you think?

• That's it, we're all gonna die!
    • I dunno but I'm collecting canned food!
    • I already have my bunker stocked with food and water for twenty years.
    • It's nothing, just a big hoax. The world won't end till the sun goes nova.

First of all, I am NOT one of those 2012 nutz. If anything... the fact that the world is supposed to end on mom's 60th bday amuses me to no end! ;D

But... You have to admit, these last few years have been... hinky. I dunno. There seems to be a sense of fear settling over the world. This year alone we had the snows... having THAT much ice here... unheard of!!!

2 inches of snow stop the whole city!

Then there was the tornadoes. I don't wanna talk about the tornadoes. *nervous twitch* Record breaking number... all the dead... screaming in the night... tornadoes where there shouldn't be tornadoes... :ohdear:

Unusually hot summer...

Something's up. I'm beginning to wonder if global warming is real after all!

And now the government is... I don't know what they are doing but it isn't their jobs.

And we seem to be at war or hated by nearly everyone.

Thoughts?

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Climate change is pretty much the norm for our planet. Nothing is static. Where I live, has been both a tropical paradise, and also buried under a mile of ice. (sometimes withing two weeks of each other..... :D Kidding....) Are humans contributing to the RATE of change? Probably. Can we stop it? Nope. Not a chance. It IS going to happen, no matter how much the Goreites tell you it can be 'stopped'. Anyone that thinks that way shouldn't be on television, and certainly not as a "major representative" of any organization that wants to protect the climate.

I will grant that the folks in washington have a rather severe case of anus-cranial inversion. I am hoping that it doesn't turn out to be terminal, but, that is a pretty dim hope at this point.

But, is the world coming to an end? Nah. We might be looking at some rather dramatic changes, but, the world will still be here, as will the survivors of the next great collapse that I see coming. (societal collapse.)

Well, mankind have had fears and strange feelings ever since we started to think. We have always had strange happenings to fear. When I was young it was the cold war. We thought it was the end. When my parents where young it was WWII and holocaust. They too thought it was it. We live in a world of continous changing, and simply have to accept it. :thumbsup: Being a stormchaser I envy you for the twisters, btw. ;)

I more or less agree with Balagor, there is always crisis and the present always seem turbulent. I grew up in the 60's with the Cold War, rioting in the cities and a war in Southeast Asia. The water was polluted the air had a bronze haze to it in many cities, the southern states were segregated and we had duck and cover exercises in school to prepare for a nuclear attack. I remember the Cuban Missile Crisis when we thought that Armageddon was possible in the next 24 hours. So in summation it always seems bleak but somehow life trundles on.

Voted for the bunker by the way, everyone should have their own secret underground bunker stocked with massive amounts of food and water. Seriously though I would like to love in a underground bunker, sounds fun to me.

There is a difference between changes in weather and man made disasters though. We can't do much to fix the weather.

Also global warming is accepted by most people to be real (even my Aunt who is a hardcore conservative believes in global warming.) The mainstream debate is if its man made or not.

Marharth said: "Seriously though I would like to love in a underground bunker, sounds fun to me".

Interesting Freudian slip there, Marharth.....

Guess I will fall in pretty much with Balagor and Aurelius on this one. I'm not happy with the world as we see it right now; but there has always been something to gripe about. Humanity is pretty tough, and we have managed in the past to work our way out of some fairly tough situations. I will bet on us again....

Marharth said: "Seriously though I would like to love in a underground bunker, sounds fun to me".

Interesting Freudian slip there, Marharth.....

Guess I will fall in pretty much with Balagor and Aurelius on this one. I'm not happy with the world as we see it right now; but there has always been something to gripe about. Humanity is pretty tough, and we have managed in the past to work our way out of some fairly tough situations. I will bet on us again....

And we have also managed to dig ourselves some pretty deep holes, which is what I see happening now..... Trouble is, the folks that are doing the digging, don't seem to realize that is what they ARE doing..... and continue on their merry way, burying us deeper and deeper......