With everything happening recently... do you wonder?

Saraane

28 members have voted

1. 1. Well, what do you think?

• That's it, we're all gonna die!
    • I dunno but I'm collecting canned food!
    • I already have my bunker stocked with food and water for twenty years.
    • It's nothing, just a big hoax. The world won't end till the sun goes nova.

Not only that, they seem to think they are climbing out of said holes! :excl:

Anyway, every generation seems to have its people who think theirs will be the last, that they're living in the end times. Ain't happened yet. I tend to think that if there were to be an end times, it'd be something not man-made. Pretty much all of the world's current crises are man-made. We can fix them. Asteroids bearing down on us from space (to use a cliche example), not so much.

I'd like to take this opportunity to say good bye. Due to recent events I no longer intend to participate in the Nexus Forums.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, I don't think it' the 'end times', or even the end of the world. I just think we are headed rapidly for a fall, and a big one at that. A man made catastrophe. Unfortunately, of our own making..... The US will be the first to go under, and when it does, the ripple effect will reverberate around the world. After that, the recovery will begin. It would be nice to think that we would learn a lesson from said fall, but, given our past history, I don't see that is likely either.

Marharth said: "Seriously though I would like to love in a underground bunker, sounds fun to me".

Interesting Freudian slip there, Marharth.....

Guess I will fall in pretty much with Balagor and Aurelius on this one. I'm not happy with the world as we see it right now; but there has always been something to gripe about. Humanity is pretty tough, and we have managed in the past to work our way out of some fairly tough situations. I will bet on us again....

I really need to reread most posts more -.-

Oh, I don't know, loving in an underground bunker sounds kind of fun!

I do think that there will be an end of things... eventually. I mean, we are "due" for about three disasters that would be world changing/ending.

Yellowstone

extinction asteroid/comet

WW III

Sooner or later, our time will come for either or all of the three. It's not a matter of if, it's a matter of when. It does drive me slightly batty to know that there IS something we could do about the asteroid/comet thing and we still think throwing a nuke at it would fix the problem... not enough research is being done there. When ever it is, the best thing you can do is just be ready, both to die and to live in the aftermath.

One more question, if you knew a nuke was going to hit somewhere close to you, what would you do?

I do think that there will be an end of things... eventually. I mean, we are "due" for about three disasters that would be world changing/ending.

Yellowstone

WW III

Sooner or later, our time will come for either or all of the three. It's not a matter of if, it's a matter of when. It does drive me slightly batty to know that there IS something we could do about the asteroid/comet thing and we still think throwing a nuke at it would fix the problem... not enough research is being done there. When ever it is, the best thing you can do is just be ready, both to die and to live in the aftermath.

One more question, if you knew a nuke was going to hit somewhere close to you, what would you do?

Not worried about a nuke hitting anywhere near me. Have no military bases or anything worth nuking within miles of where I live. I would only need to worry about the fallout, but then again it wouldn't be too bad considering my entire town is surrounded by mountains.

If a nuclear war broke out, it wouldn't be too hard for me to survive. If nukes started flying I would probably go down to one of the local stores ASAP and work out a deal with the owner. Would also try to find a underground area in case of fallout drifting in.

Yellowstone

WW III

Lets not forget the "big one" california is due for. Having Cali slide off into the ocean would be a big adjustment for the world...... Wonder how much we would miss hollywood?

How's about a major climatic shift?

A disease that wipes out a majority of the population?

A widespread drought that devastates crops? Worldwide famine? That would be.... interesting.....

Even a conventional world war would dramatically alter things. Especially here in the states, if China became 'the enemy'..... we would just be screwed......

Yellowstone

WW III

Lets not forget the "big one" california is due for. Having Cali slide off into the ocean would be a big adjustment for the world...... Wonder how much we would miss hollywood?

How's about a major climatic shift?

A disease that wipes out a majority of the population?

A widespread drought that devastates crops? Worldwide famine? That would be.... interesting.....

Even a conventional world war would dramatically alter things. Especially here in the states, if China became 'the enemy'..... we would just be screwed......

Yea well seeing as I live in southern cali, if nature decided to f*** up then I would be pretty screwed.

I am personally not to worried about a climatic shift much either, don't think it would happen anytime soon. Hell, a worldwide famine might give huge advances in science if you think about it.

A killer disease doesn't seem likely either, maybe through terrorism but I doubt it.

If the US wanted to get into a war with China, the entire world would flip upside down. However if a huge war happens, I still think it would be due to the US invading Iran due to nuclear programs or other reasons. Would probably branch out from there. Seems like the most likely situation for world war three so far to me.

Either way the US has a strange relationship with China. We kinda rely on each other.

I have no idea if what I just typed looks good at all, but I am a bit tired right now.

I dunno.. I think we need China a lot more than they need us.. (excluding that whole "we owe them money" thing...)

In a way I guess that's right though. We "need" them to loan us money, they need us to pay our bills. But China would probably be a lot better off without us spending all their money. We're never going to be able to pay off this debt, and after a bit, we won't even be able to keep up with the interest. By the time WWIII happens, I'd be surprised if we weren't the united states of China. :tongue:

I dunno.. I think we need China a lot more than they need us.. (excluding that whole "we owe them money" thing...)

In a way I guess that's right though. We "need" them to loan us money, they need us to pay our bills. But China would probably be a lot better off without us spending all their money. We're never going to be able to pay off this debt, and after a bit, we won't even be able to keep up with the interest. By the time WWIII happens, I'd be surprised if we weren't the united states of China. :tongue:

That is pretty much EXACTLY what I see coming to pass. As it stands RIGHT NOW, China could defeat us without firing a shot. Just the simple words: "We want our money back, now." and the US would be over and done with. The Chinese have already asked some pretty pertinent questions about our ability to pay back all we owe them. They hold close to (if not more now) 25% of our total national debt, (closely followed by Japan, with a similar amount). Calling that due, would bankrupt us in short order. Granted, at that point, China would lose it's number one market for exports........