Skyrim: multiplayer/co-op mod?

trollioslulzicus

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
Please don't screw up this game by making it online multi-player. And.... don't give the devs any ideas to do it either. Nothing screws up a great game like making it multi-player. Once you do that the single player campaign part ALWAYS goes to hell. :wallbash:

Please don't screw up this game by making it online multi-player. And.... don't give the devs any ideas to do it either. Nothing screws up a great game like making it multi-player. Once you do that the single player campaign part ALWAYS goes to hell. :wallbash:

Some people just want multiplayer parts so they and their friend can pick up a battle axe each and rampage through every city in skyrim. anything beyond that is single-player space for me.

Some people just want multiplayer parts so they and their friend can pick up a battle axe each and rampage through every city in skyrim. anything beyond that is single-player space for me.

thanks for this comment :) i only want to play coop for two or four player (my friends and me) and we travel arround in skyrim, do quests and kick the asses of imperials ;)

It is very complicated to do, specially since the game is designed to run on a singular computer... The game creates it's own world, so the game renders it's own random events and makes calculations by it's self...

To create a network/multiplayer world be almost impossible... the only possibility I can even imagine is that some one creates one host server that is running Skyrim 24/7 and then other players can log in to that Server Skyrim game, but all as the player... even then, think about how powerful Server would have to be to be able to run Skyrim for each person who is logged on, and the lag time there would be between video being sent from that server to your PC.

I think if it is possible to make multiple players the only way to do it would be to do it the way that Fable 3 does, where there is one leader who's system controls the world and what spawns/ the visible area. Then the second player is a follower to that person, who is forced to stay within a certain distance of the leader and whose only use is to fight.

Even then you would need dual monitors and two gamepads connected to one PC... and only the leader could control the camera. The issue is setting up a network to display identical screen data.

Turning Skyrim into an MMO is probably realistically impossible... Turning Skyrim into a co-op game with limited co-op involvement is probably possible with a lot of hard work... But it probably wouldn't be fun, nor worth the time that would need to be invested into it.

The best chance for anything like this to realistically happen is if Bethesda actually makes an Elder Scrolls MMO. Or in 20 years when technology leaves Skyrim in the dust, there may be emulators that can do it for a few old fans.

there is conceptual possibility but I dont know if it is technically possible.

You could hire a Follower and let them be controlled from your buddy. He would not have the full menu or possibilities as the main char but could aid you tactically much better than the AI could.