What's better MacBook Pro or Alienware?

i had the Asus G51Vx laptop and it was good. its a couple years old now, so its a little outdated, but Asus makes good gaming laptops for the price range.

just remember "gaming laptop" in itself is almost an oxymoron. you can get a laptop that can play games, some on max settings, but idk if a laptop will be able to handle something like Skyrim on max settings, and if it can, im sure itll put a dent in your wallet.

What majority of people have said about Alienware CAPABILITIES is wrong, it is indeed way too pricey for my taste (read: 1/2 of the cost is just for the brand name). BUT, when it comes to it's promises, Alienware full-wills them with no problems at all. Talk about dual GPU laptops.

VERY BIG BUT: If you want a computer, that you can play latest videogames with on high detail, DO NOT BUY A LAPTOP. Even for brands like Alienware, you WILL decrease your laptops lifetime by 1/2 at least. One major issue being heat. Proper cooling system for laptops under stress is always going to be a problem. Laptops work fine as portable workstations, internet browsers and other similar stuff. But when it comes to gaming, get a desktop computer, 1/2 of the price of a similar speced laptop.

What majority of people have said about Alienware CAPABILITIES is wrong, it is indeed way too pricey for my taste (read: 1/2 of the cost is just for the brand name). BUT, when it comes to it's promises, Alienware full-wills them with no problems at all. Talk about dual GPU laptops.

VERY BIG BUT: If you want a computer, that you can play latest videogames with on high detail, DO NOT BUY A LAPTOP. Even for brands like Alienware, you WILL decrease your laptops lifetime by 1/2 at least. One major issue being heat. Proper cooling system for laptops under stress is always going to be a problem. Laptops work fine as portable workstations, internet browsers and other similar stuff. But when it comes to gaming, get a desktop computer, 1/2 of the price of a similar speced laptop.

this^^

ive burned out one laptop because i tried using it for gaming. laptops simply arent meant as a gaming platform. yes they can handle games. some can even handle games very well, but after awhile, it just cant take it anymore. as said, they over heat easy. if you are going to use it, keep it on a desk. keeping on your lap is not a good idea, and deff nothing like a floor or a bed. i understand you want a portable gaming platform, but if you plan on doing some mad gaming, hell like i said earlier, your better off building a small LAN PC. you wont be able to use it while you are chillen on a bench, but if you go to a friends house for gaming, itll be easier to carry.

if you get a laptop, just dont expect it to last for years. if you get two years out of it, your lucky. mine burned out just over a year, and i wasnt really doing any extreme gaming, or using max settings.

Both are a waste of money.

Depends on who you are asking from. For me, personally, it is indeed a waste of money. But for those people who still insist playing their laptop to death, Alienware is a good choice. But for working, get another laptop. And don't get me started on Mac's. Those are even more overpriced.