Where are you from?

grannywils

We have had lots of threads lately on Nexus that have lead to debates somewhat unrelated to the original topic. Nothing wrong with that I guess; but it has made me wonder what people really want to discuss. We are obviously comprised of many thoughtful folks whose politics are all over the board. We come from many parts of the world with a variety of governmental structures.

I would like to start a thread that we can keep positive if at all possible....

Can you just say what country you are from and name just one thing about that country that makes you proud. Please don't name all of them or name those that do not make you proud. Try to keep it simple. It can be as simple as a food hailing from your nation, or maybe a historical figure of great repute. Maybe you love your nation's government or its national anthem. Whatever it is, please try to keep it relatively brief. I know in my case this will be very difficult; but I will start:

Oh yes, and please let's not make unpleasant comments on what others have had to say.

I come from the United States.

I am proud of the framer's of my Nation's Constitution

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Serbian heritage, born and living in Zadar, Croatia. (Quite ironic actually being the fact that these two nations hate each other).

I'm not proud of anything because all we can do is f*** things up :(

Serbian heritage, born and living in Zadar, Croatia. (Quite ironic actually being the fact that these two nations hate each other).

I'm not proud of anything because all we can do is f*** things up :(

Oh dont go into hate thing... Its still here only because few politicans from both sides are keeping it alive

Nikola Tesla was born in here! :D