Bethesda Forums hacked... again

Deleted1848331User

For those of you who haven't been on the official forums for a bit, you may want to do so. While the passwords have all been deleted so that no one can access your account, it'd be best to just reset it and get it over with. If you have an account, that is.

On the login page, you'll see this message:

Please Read! August 12, 2011

We have identified a potential breach of our forum user database that occurred Friday morning, Aug 12. We have reset your forum password as a precaution, in the event that any encrypted forum user passwords were compromised.

When you next try to login to the forums, your old password will not work. Click the I've forgotten my password link above, underneath the login boxes, and follow the steps to setup a new password for your account.

We recommend you do not use your old password or a password you have used for other sites. Further, if your old forum password was used for any other online purposes, we recommend changing the password on those accounts as well.

You will also receive an email with this information, sent to the email address you registered with on the forums.

In the Bethesda Softworks "Community Discussion" forum thread, GStaff announced it earlier today:

We have identified a potential breach of our forum user database that occurred Friday morning, Aug 12. We have reset your forum password as a precaution, in the event that any encrypted forum user passwords were compromised.

When you next try to login to the forums, your old password will not work. Click the I've forgotten my password link above, underneath the login boxes, and follow the steps to setup a new password for your account.

We recommend you do not use your old password or a password you have used for other sites. Further, if your old forum password was used for any other online purposes, we recommend changing the password on those accounts as well.

You will also receive an email with this information, sent to the email address you registered with on the forums.

It's nothing too serious, as they were on the ball and deleted everyone's password to be safe.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's all this s*** going on around Bethesda lately? i mean really? first its sue copyright law isues, than it is next dlc delay and now it is forum hack and all within just a month or less...:| Bethesda dev's must have some kind of negative karma with NCR...

EDIT by LHammonds: Watch your language please. A spell checker wouldn't hurt either.

Edited by LHammonds

if that is the case, than it is freaking stupid, why would anyone hack Bethesda forums just for rage's sake?! i mean seriously i could understand if hacker/attacker would have skills to make official DLCs himself, but than hacking the only developer or publisher whatever forum is like asking them to quit making DLCs...at least in my eyes...

My password is fine, there was no change. As far as why, some twits hack sites because they can.