NOT THE BROTHERHOOD!!! NOT MY BoS!!!

Shidentora

Dude I've loved them ever since they sent my Vault Dweller into an irradiated hellhole that I needed a rope to climb down into, and had to talk a computer into scuicide or something.

Yea, no one else would offer such an adventure, would they? The Glow is a hellhole, but the feeling that I got on that mission - unforgettable. I even included the music into my FO3 music - hey, it just makes you feel as if you were there.

Edited by Shidentora

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont know.

I liked Lyons group in FO3 because they were actualy helping and seemed ok towards the wastelanders.

But this group in New Vegas. They are so far stuck up their own backsides I feel like shooting them in the face.

I really don't know why the NCR and the BOS wont work together against a greater threat.

I dont know.

I liked Lyons group in FO3 because they were actualy helping and seemed ok towards the wastelanders.

That's not what the Brotherhood does. Bethesda should have used their imaginations and made a new power armor faction to fight the Enclave - would have made me less bitter.

But this group in New Vegas. They are so far stuck up their own backsides I feel like shooting them in the face.

Yep. That's the BoS for you. If you don't like it, you don't like the BoS.

I really don't know why the NCR and the BOS wont work together against a greater threat.

Unlike in Fallout 3, where the Enclave and Brotherhood should have joined forces - they both had the goal of turning on the water purifier, remember? - the NCR and BoS are at odds. The BoS wants to horde technology, and in that way keep the wasteland safe - they want to save people from themselves, a mission that's become twisted where the end goal is to harvest tech for the sake of it. The NCR is a corruption-laced democracy who wants everyone to be on an equal footing.

And besides, if you make the right options in NV, they do learn to get along and do fight the common enemy. Unlike Fallout 3, where they fight the Enclave just because they're the new guys.

I dont know.

That's not what the Brotherhood does. Bethesda should have used their imaginations and made a new power armor faction to fight the Enclave - would have made me less bitter.

Yep. That's the BoS for you. If you don't like it, you don't like the BoS.

Unlike in Fallout 3, where the Enclave and Brotherhood should have joined forces - they both had the goal of turning on the water purifier, remember? - the NCR and BoS are at odds. The BoS wants to horde technology, and in that way keep the wasteland safe - they want to save people from themselves, a mission that's become twisted where the end goal is to harvest tech for the sake of it. The NCR is a corruption-laced democracy who wants everyone to be on an equal footing.

And besides, if you make the right options in NV, they do learn to get along and do fight the common enemy. Unlike Fallout 3, where they fight the Enclave just because they're the new guys.

Thanks.

I guess I will try to keep both happy for now unless one of the makes me mad before the final fight.

The Legion did that in a small town where they held a lottery. I killed the whole lot of them for the suffering they caused. Now I have small assassin squads after me, word travels quick in the wasteland even for ludites like the Legion.

Originally the brotherhood don't help people... and it' is true even in Fo3... YES !!!!!!!

Those who say " oh i didn't like what bethesda did in Fo3 whith the BOS they look like gentlemens it's not falloutishhhhh !)

HAVE YOU REALLY PLAYED FALLOUT 3 ????? DID YOU UNDERTOOD THE STORY ?????

HAVE YOU TOOK TIME TO EXPLORE THE WHOLE DC WASTELAND ????

If so you should have notice that Elder Lyons troop is a rebel faction of the brotherhood, who refused to let people die cause of the Mutant Threat as the base in the west ordered so, you should have notice too that they are recruiting new guys in the DC Wasteland, because the base don't send no reinforcement to rebels.

In Fallout 3 The Real Brotherhood of Steel is the Outcast , you remember them right ?

They called themselves outcasts because they didn't follow the elder's order wich is a crime in the code of BOS, you remember right.

They are the oiriginal Brotherhood of Steel they painted their armor red to mark the difference with lyons guys, you remember ?

They kept contact whith the base in the west, and are just here to find new technologies, DO YOU REMEMBER ?????.

So before saying bulls*** just try to really play the game, and not stupidly repeat what old retro-gamers that didn't even took time to play it are sayin' That's enough !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fo3 was Fantastic that's all i can say about it.

allways keep in mind that it was the third episode, and New Vegas was funny but it is not the Fourth episode... Fallout 4 is coming next.

Edited by MonsterMonkey

Originally the brotherhood don't help people... and it' is true even in Fo3... YES !!!!!!!

Those who say " oh i didn't like what bethesda did in Fo3 whith the BOS they look like gentlemens it's not falloutishhhhh !)

If so you should have notice that Elder Lyons troop is a rebel faction of the brotherhood, who refused to let people die cause of the Mutant Threat, you should have notice too that they are recruiting new guys in the DC Wasteland, because the base don't send no reinforcement to rebels.

In Fallout 3 The Real Brotherhood of Steel is the Outcast , you remember them right ?

They called themselves outcasts because they didn't follow the elder's order wich is a crime in the code of BOS, you remember right.

They are the oiriginal Brotherhood of Steel they painted their armor red to mark the difference with lyons guys, you remember ?

They kept contact whith the base in the west, and are just here to find new technologies, DO YOU REMEMBER ?????.

So before saying bulls*** just try to really play the game, and not stupidly repeat what old retro-gamers that didn't even took time to play it are sayin' That's enough !!!!!!!!!!!!!

allways keep in mind that it was the third episode, and New Vegas was funny but it is not the Fourth episode... Fallout 4 is coming next.

Been in every damn hellhole in FO3, playthrouhed it for 3 times, got killed for dozens of times, am playing NV, getting killed and havin' fun. As for me, every Fallout game has its charm. I liked the BoS as such from the very start and even if the NV Chapter is jackassin' around, that ain't got any influence on my take on the BoS. Unless they turn them into something like the SS in FO4, of course.

Cool, have a good one, ppl. Gotto get to work.

Ciao.

If so you should have notice that Elder Lyons troop is a rebel faction of the brotherhood, who refused to let people die cause of the Mutant Threat as the base in the west ordered so, you should have notice too that they are recruiting new guys in the DC Wasteland, because the base don't send no reinforcement to rebels.

I did play FO3 and understood the story thank you. I also found the BOS outcasts, so thank you on that one.I also understood both their missions and why Lyons changed his MO when he got to the DC wasteland. My view on them is that they cant see what damage they are casuing by keeping themselves as a closed group and just going after weapons tech with a mightier than thou attitude (A bit like your post in a lot of ways).

I didn't post here to have an argument with anyone so I will stop posting on this thread.

So no need to swear or get angry at me for having a discusion.

BoS's humanity in FO3 is exemplary. And did the Outcast sjoin? No.

Fren, if ya wanna some future for the wastes, ya find who's OK and u protect them with your tech. That's just logical and normal, innit?

A weapon with a pound of spider net on it ain't no weapon, but junk.

Remember the Latin proverb?

"Do not draw me for no reason and do not sheathe/sling me with no glory gained."

Olgark, what do you say?

MonsterMonkey, what do you say?

WHAT-DO-YOU-YES, YOU-SAY?

I say:

In our year, t'aint no more Reds, no more Capitalists.

NOW, you either serve to the Allmighty, or to Hell with you!

DRAW AND FIGHT!!

FEEL THE BLOOD!!

FEEL THE VICTORY!!

LIFE IS BUT A GAME!!

DEATH TO THE ENEMY!!

HURRRRRAAAAAAHHHH!!!

Edited by Shidentora

I'm just sick of people sayin that Fo3 is wired because it doesn't follow Fo1 & 2 storyline like brotherhood is helping people wich is not true as i said above or sayin that the enclave was supposed to be destroyed, and yes it's a surprise, like any good scenario need to contain.

And i never said i disaggreed with the ideas of lyons troop.

I'm just sick of people sayin that Fo3 is wired because it doesn't follow Fo1 & 2 storyline like brotherhood is helping people wich is not true as i said above or sayin that the enclave was supposed to be destroyed, and yes it's a surprise, like any good scenario need to contain.

And i never said i disaggreed with the ideas of lyons troop.

Mhm, I understand.

I really do miss - a lot - the BoS and Enclave scenario in FNV. I mean, every time I meet the Legion, I wonder if I took a wrong turn or if I accidentally turned on a time machine when I was looting that nuka-cola vending machine. Just can't wait to meet the Greek Hoplites, or an Egyptian chariot... Or Mongols?